Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       end
  

Archive 2023 · Stan (Gallery) ...

  
 
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Danpbphoto wrote:
I agree with me mate Ray Kent!
An exhibition is in order.
Dan



Thanks Dan ... TBD ... gotta get some ducks in a row.



Feb 16, 2023 at 08:09 PM
James Markus
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Great series Kent!


Feb 17, 2023 at 09:02 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Stan (Gallery) ...


James Markus wrote:
Great series Kent!


Thanks, Jim.



Feb 17, 2023 at 09:08 PM
JimRU
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Awesome set!


Feb 18, 2023 at 04:18 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Stan (Gallery) ...


JimRU wrote:
Awesome set!


Thanks, Jim.



Feb 18, 2023 at 10:47 PM
photonoclast
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Stan (Gallery) ...


I concur with all the superlatives above - this is a great series & exploration of a subject.
If I were assigned to arrange these in an exhibition, probably what I would do is sequence them starting from the "straightforward" color images and then proceeding with each image towards the more and more abstract, until the final images are the most spare. So, it would be a voyage inwards, from a wide more-or-less conventional view of the subject to the most abstract. Maybe that's too linear a progression, though. Since this series is artistically way beyond anything I could do, of course, my advice isn't worth the pixels it takes up on the screen, but I would be very interested to hear how you eventually decide to sequence it. Super work!



Feb 19, 2023 at 06:02 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Stan (Gallery) ...


photonoclast wrote:
I concur with all the superlatives above - this is a great series & exploration of a subject.
If I were assigned to arrange these in an exhibition, probably what I would do is sequence them starting from the "straightforward" color images and then proceeding with each image towards the more and more abstract, until the final images are the most spare. So, it would be a voyage inwards, from a wide more-or-less conventional view of the subject to the most abstract. Maybe that's too linear a progression, though. Since this series is artistically way beyond anything I could do,
...Show more

Thanks for the kind words.

That's an interesting thought regarding sequencing. I was thinking about whether I might juxtapose (or hybrid) some things, or go linear / groups, similar to your thinking.



Feb 20, 2023 at 05:25 AM
airfrogusmc
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Stan (Gallery) ...


My advice in this is always think about flow. How one image flows visually into the next. How those images look next to one another and how they move the viewer through the sequence and from start to finish. A gallery wall is different from say a book. And each gallery space is different. My last exhibit I had it all mapped out on my floor here at home and in my head. When I got to the space and started hanging the show it all changed. In fact I pulled a piece that just wasn't workining. And then throw in scale. How large or small the pieces need to be for the space they are in.

Edited on Feb 21, 2023 at 07:43 AM · View previous versions



Feb 20, 2023 at 09:17 AM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Fantastic and inspiring work Kent.

Marcelo



Feb 20, 2023 at 09:14 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Stan (Gallery) ...


airfrogusmc wrote:
My advice in this is always think about flow. How one image flows visually into the next. How those images look next to one another and how they move the viewer through the sequence and from start to finish. A gallery wall is different from say a book. And each gallery space is different. My last exhibit I had it all mapped out on my floor here at home and in my head. When I got the space it and started hanging the show it all changed. In fact I pulled a piece that just wasn't workining. And then throw
...Show more

Thanks Allen.

I've got a few diff ideas about the "flow" of things ... looks to be a creative puzzle or its own. Good to know it's a bit of a process that will unfold while progressing through it.



Feb 20, 2023 at 11:37 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Lightsearcher wrote:
Fantastic and inspiring work Kent.

Marcelo


Thanks Marcelo.



Feb 20, 2023 at 11:39 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Added 29







Aug 22, 2023 at 04:28 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Kent,
I am looking at these on a 30" calibrated monitor and WOW!!!!!

Per my PM reply, got a meeting then will devote some time to your request!
Well done all brother!
Dan



Sep 10, 2023 at 10:34 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Stan (Gallery) ...


airfrogusmc wrote:
My advice in this is always think about flow. How one image flows visually into the next. How those images look next to one another and how they move the viewer through the sequence and from start to finish. A gallery wall is different from say a book. And each gallery space is different. My last exhibit I had it all mapped out on my floor here at home and in my head. When I got to the space and started hanging the show it all changed. In fact I pulled a piece that just wasn't workining. And then throw
...Show more
Exactamundo!!!!!





Sep 10, 2023 at 10:36 AM
Bill Gass
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Beautiful work Kent,
And certainly a gallery's worth...Nice job.



Sep 10, 2023 at 10:47 AM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Danpbphoto wrote:
Kent,
I am looking at these on a 30" calibrated monitor and WOW!!!!!

Per my PM reply, got a meeting then will devote some time to your request!
Well done all brother!
Dan


Thanks Dan. I appreciate, and good to hear you like 'em.



Sep 10, 2023 at 12:18 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Danpbphoto wrote:
Exactamundo!!!!!




I may not have full control over placement / flow (curated by others) ... but, I will certainly keep that in mind as part of the selection process. If I make it "easy" for them, they might see it, too. Gotcha, thanks.



Sep 10, 2023 at 12:21 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Bill Gass wrote:
Beautiful work Kent,
And certainly a gallery's worth...Nice job.


Thanks Bill, I appreciate the kind words.



Sep 10, 2023 at 12:21 PM
bcguy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Very nice collection!


Sep 13, 2023 at 08:38 AM
RustyRus
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Stan (Gallery) ...


Great set!!!

Really like the first one!



Sep 13, 2023 at 11:31 AM
1      
2
       3       end




FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.