Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
  

A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?

  
 
wind30
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


jwpstl wrote:
Thatís not quite accurate. Itís the stacked sensor that helps with action and birds in flight when using electronic shutter. An electronic shutter on a non-stacked sensor would cause problems with those subjects.
And you donít need a stacked sensor for f/1.4 on a bright day and non-moving subjects, just the higher shutter speeds e-shutter can offer. I have an A7r III set to e-shutter basically 100% of the time because I donít work with moving subjects or indoor lighting. Thereís no downside.



My bad. I meant a FAST readout eshutter. I donít think a7r5 eshutter can go higher than 1/8000. For Sony, if u want higher than 1/8000 eshutter u have to get a stacked sensor a9/a1



May 26, 2023 at 07:34 PM
Schlotkins
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


This thread comes at a good time. I have two boys - almost 3 and 1. I have an old rII and the eye AF etc has no chance with them. I've been debating what to update to - A9, A7IV, or an A7rV. I assume against my current gear all of these would have infinitely better AF. Other than my kids, I'm most serious about astro, but I have a modded A7III for that.

The rV feels like overkill in terms of resolution (and it's must pricier) so am down to the IV or the A9... Not sure if the IV or rV has better AF?

Chris



May 28, 2023 at 10:40 PM
wind30
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


Schlotkins wrote:
This thread comes at a good time. I have two boys - almost 3 and 1. I have an old rII and the eye AF etc has no chance with them. I've been debating what to update to - A9, A7IV, or an A7rV. I assume against my current gear all of these would have infinitely better AF. Other than my kids, I'm most serious about astro, but I have a modded A7III for that.

The rV feels like overkill in terms of resolution (and it's must pricier) so am down to the IV or the A9... Not sure if the
...Show more

U meant iv or a9 has the better af? I have both cameras and I shoot kids a lot. I think both is the same for kids in terms of af. They function very similarly with the real time tracking. Reviews say a9 is better in terms of af but I never see a difference for my usage.

If u plan to shoot video and I think u should if u want to document your kids growing up, a74 hands down. If just for photos, a used a9 is very good value.



May 29, 2023 at 05:37 AM
Uncle Chip
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


Is their any merit to keeping the A9 and buying the A7rv?
The cost would be the same as a A1

You keep the 20fps blackout free stacked sensor, or in reality would you never pickup the A9 when you have the A7rv to choose?



May 31, 2023 at 08:31 AM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


Uncle Chip wrote:
Is their any merit to keeping the A9 and buying the A7rv?
The cost would be the same as a A1

You keep the 20fps blackout free stacked sensor, or in reality would you never pickup the A9 when you have the A7rv to choose?


Great question Uncle Chip.
Well I kept my A9 and added the A1.
The extra pixels of the A1 are great for birding.
The A9 is still great for most everything else I shoot.

K-H.



May 31, 2023 at 10:47 AM
gnet158
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


Question? Do all newer Sony/Canon cameras have issues with banding (in photo/video)? I have a A9 that I'm happy with, however more MP would be nice. But not at the expense of banding. I've seen some youtubes where banding can be an issue on the A7RV and A1.

I only use my camera to shoot photo's.



Jun 01, 2023 at 09:59 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Jonathan-ST
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?



Totally agree, as I've seen the r5's flaws, including the cropping of the video, and the dropout of the super 35 at 60p



Aug 14, 2023 at 10:47 PM
3catsinky
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


A6700. great AF, 10fps is fast enough, smaller, lighter, less expensive lenses for travel. You're welcome.


Aug 15, 2023 at 05:39 AM
Uncle Chip
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


3catsinky wrote:
A6700. great AF, 10fps is fast enough, smaller, lighter, less expensive lenses for travel. You're welcome.


People bought the A9 for 20fps with blackout free tracking, not sure why you think 10fps slow sensor readout would be sufficient for these people? Different cameras aimed at different markets, and while the 6700 is an excellent camera I wouldnít think many sports or bird photographers would consider it an upgrade



Aug 15, 2023 at 10:36 AM
3catsinky
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


he asked about it for shooting his kids. Let's be real, he isn't going to lug around a camera for candid kid moments all the time. thats what phones are for.


Aug 15, 2023 at 11:43 AM
GOVA
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


3catsinky wrote:
he asked about it for shooting his kids. Let's be real, he isn't going to lug around a camera for candid kid moments all the time. thats what phones are for.


Did you read the question?

You can spam this thread stating that people can shoot their kids with a potato or a calculator. One has even replied to your garbage politely and you still crap in here. GTFO if you don't understand the question.




Sep 07, 2023 at 01:53 PM
3catsinky
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · A9 upgrade path: A7RV or A1?


GOVA, STFU. no one needs to read your insults.


Sep 08, 2023 at 04:22 AM
1       2       3      
4
       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.