Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13              end

POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

OregonSun
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #1 · p.14 #1 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

MRomine wrote:
The following images where created in-camera using a 4x5 Sinar. No photoshop used, these were created back in the mid 90s when I was just getting started using PS. So at that time I did not have the skill to make such montage within PS. Doing something like this in PS back then was not easy by any means. The images were originally drum scanned but I have lost the original scans so I photographed the film sheets on a light table using my Z7II and macro lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53718911657/in/dateposted-family/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53718911622/in/dateposted-family/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53719813851/in/dateposted-family/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53719813826/in/dateposted-family/

Is there a way to make these load inside the thread instead
...Show more

In the share options in Flickr, copy the 'BBCode' and paste into the thread.

This will include a link to the image and your Flickr handle, those can be removed if you so desire.

May 13, 2024 at 09:36 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.14 #2 · p.14 #2 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

Well done , Mark.

MRomine wrote:
The following images where created in-camera using a 4x5 Sinar. No photoshop used, these were created back in the mid 90s when I was just getting started using PS. So at that time I did not have the skill to make such montage within PS. Doing something like this in PS back then was not easy by any means. The images were originally drum scanned but I have lost the original scans so I photographed the film sheets on a light table using my Z7II and macro lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53718911657/in/dateposted-family/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53718911622/in/dateposted-family/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53719813851/in/dateposted-family/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200670869@N04/53719813826/in/dateposted-family/

Is there a way to make these load inside the thread instead
...Show more

May 13, 2024 at 10:16 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.14 #3 · p.14 #3 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

OregonSun wrote:
In the share options in Flickr, copy the 'BBCode' and paste into the thread.

This will include a link to the image and your Flickr handle, those can be removed if you so desire.

I'm not seeing any share options or BBCode is that an option that is only included with a paid subscription? These photos are in my photostream and not an album if that makes any difference.

I see where I can set the 'Privacy' but not any options for the share.

Thanks for trying to help out!

May 14, 2024 at 02:21 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.14 #4 · p.14 #4 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

@MRomine I don't do Flickr but did crack out the image URL using Firefox inspection tools.

(I will delete this post after you take a look.)

May 15, 2024 at 06:58 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.14 #5 · p.14 #5 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

How did you do this? No issues with you posting it. I need to figure this out.

May 15, 2024 at 08:27 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.14 #6 · p.14 #6 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

@MRomine Being a programmer, I have no problem diving into the HTML source for that Flickr page and extracting the URL for the image. It's not a user-friendly procedure, so hopefully they provide a clickable equivalent. After that, the BBCode on this forum is easy enough to embed the image into your post.

May 15, 2024 at 08:56 AM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.14 #7 · p.14 #7 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

MRomine wrote:
I'm not seeing any share options or BBCode is that an option that is only included with a paid subscription? These photos are in my photostream and not an album if that makes any difference.

I see where I can set the 'Privacy' but not any options for the share.

Thanks for trying to help out!

Here's how I get to the share options:

Click on photo in photostream > click on "Share Photo" (looks like a right arrow, text will show if you hover on it) > Pop up will show that says "Share 1 photo to:" and there will be a row of options along the top (Share, Embed, Email, BBCode).

May 15, 2024 at 10:37 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.14 #8 · p.14 #8 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

OregonSun wrote:
Here's how I get to the share options:

Click on photo in photostream > click on "Share Photo" (looks like a right arrow, text will show if you hover on it) > Pop up will show that says "Share 1 photo to:" and there will be a row of options along the top (Share, Embed, Email, BBCode).

Are you using a Windows browser? I'm not seeing those options in Safari for Mac. Not seeing a 'Share Photo' option even when I mouse over the right arrow button. I can right click the arrow and it gives me options like: Add to a Reading List, Add a Bookmark, E-mail this Page, Notes, Messages, etc but no' Share Photo'.

May 15, 2024 at 02:08 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #9 · p.14 #9 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1369568/

There's a whole thread devoted to the user friendliness of Flickr... I don't do Flickr either

May 16, 2024 at 03:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

OregonSun
• • • •
p.14 #10 · p.14 #10 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

MRomine wrote:
Are you using a Windows browser? I'm not seeing those options in Safari for Mac. Not seeing a 'Share Photo' option even when I mouse over the right arrow button. I can right click the arrow and it gives me options like: Add to a Reading List, Add a Bookmark, E-mail this Page, Notes, Messages, etc but no' Share Photo'.

I am using Chrome on Windows, but I find it hard to believe Flickr has a completely different UI for Mac/Safari.

Just to clarify, the share arrow is at the bottom right of the slide show area, between the star and download icons. Not the right arrow that moves the slideshow to the next photo.

When I go to one of your photos linked in your previous post, the share arrow is visible. When I click the share arrow, I can see the options I mentioned above (except Email) in the pop up.

I don't have upload and sell, or I'd post a screenshot. I don't want to put a screenshot up in my Flickr stream just to be able to share it here.

May 16, 2024 at 12:38 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.14 #11 · p.14 #11 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

Figured it out. It is the browser. Switched to Chrome and there appeared the share button in the lower right hand corner just as you guys have been telling me. For some strange reason there is no share button in Mac/Safari, instead it is a download button.

May 16, 2024 at 02:34 PM
coralnut
• • •
p.14 #12 · p.14 #12 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

Browsers are a problem. I'm not a Mac guy, but I have an iPad and more often than not Safari has trouble rendering pages that are designed to be visualized with Windows. But I don't use Windows either, I'm on Linux, so I have to rotate through Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Konqueror ... to find something that works. Sometimes things never work no matter what I use. It seems like the main browser expectations are Chrome and whatever Windows calls it's browser now. They're the 800 lb gorillas in the space.

May 16, 2024 at 07:48 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.14 #13 · p.14 #13 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

Alligators swallow their food whole, including bones. Everything is digested.

E.L. McIlhenny, in his fascinating book "The Life History of the American Alligator" described the digestive capacity of Alligator gastric juices...........

"The Alligator's digestive juices must be very strong because any food swallowed is digested thoroughly. Even bones, hair, feathers and scales are digested so thoroughly that there is not a trace of them in the excrement. When opening the stomachs of alligators to examine their contents, when the stomach juices have gotten on my hand, I have experienced a severe burning sensation that persisted for quite an hour or more." .....

Robert

from Anhinga Trail, 1987 Kodachrome

Nikon COOLSCAN V ED  

Edited on May 18, 2024 at 07:48 AM · View previous versions

May 17, 2024 at 01:02 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.14 #14 · p.14 #14 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

At the time I crossed paths with this Everglades Rat Snake in the 80's the species was already rare. I remember rarely seeing one from time. to time in a tree from a long distance away. They are adept tree-climbers, surely hunting for bird nestlings and eggs.

I fear the pet trade has caught every last one by now.

Nikon COOLSCAN V ED  

May 17, 2024 at 01:18 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.14 #15 · p.14 #15 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake, Kodachrome, 1980's on J.W. Corbett WMA

This is a crop. I was well outside the rattler's striking range. The color balance is the best I could do. :)

Nikon COOLSCAN V ED  

May 17, 2024 at 02:12 PM
MAubrey
• • •
p.14 #16 · p.14 #16 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

rico wrote:
@MRomine@ Being a programmer, I have no problem diving into the HTML source for that Flickr page and extracting the URL for the image. It's not a user-friendly procedure, so hopefully they provide a clickable equivalent. After that, the BBCode on this forum is easy enough to embed the image into your post.

Actually, it's better if you don't use BBCode. Images resize dynamically to monitor size if you use a bare url.

May 18, 2024 at 06:52 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.14 #17 · p.14 #17 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

I just finished making a 24 x 60 inch print of this image, shot on Fuji Velvia 50 using an X-Pan and 90mm lens, scanned on an Macon scanner. It was a real struggle (and not an entirely successful one) to get those Velvia colours within the gamut of the printer and canvas; I really had to knock down the saturation and contrast.

Unfortunately, it looks like one of my print heads crapped out with about 20% of the print remaining, so it was a big waste...

Cliff LeSergent

Elk Range at Sunrise, Kananaskis Country, Alberta

May 20, 2024 at 03:29 PM
scott.allen
• •
p.14 #18 · p.14 #18 · POST your IMAGES SCANNED from slides or film.

I took this at night In Savannah, Georgia. Linhof Technorma 617, 90mm, Portra as I recall.

scott.allen 2024

May 21, 2024 at 06:32 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.