Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Downhill Racer

Aviationbuff
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Downhill Racer

While on a business trip to Vermont, the host of the event I was attending noticed I had my Nikon Z6 with me and I asked if I would do them a favor and shoot some action photos of their attendees participating in a slalom ski race. While I only had my travel lens with me, I said I would be happy to help out. I was limited on the types of shots I could capture, but the Z6 with the Z 24-200 did a good job. It would have been nice to have my Z9 and 500 PF with me, but that is not my idea of a lightweight travel kit! Nikon Z6 with Nikkor Z 24-200. 200mm @ 1/2000 sec, f/6.3, ISO 720

https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/n-25Dbr/Non-Aviation-Photos/i-McbswFQ/0/aed436f7/X4/slalom_skier_downhill_snowski_Okemo_Ski_1.26.23-1224_SH_CEP_PRINT-X4.jpg

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:37 AM
Daniel Smith
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Downhill Racer

To me it is missing the tension that I expect in a racing situation. He looks laid back and relaxed, not poised and attacking the course. It appears basically static - because of that.

Does not mean is not a nice image, just that I am expecting a lot more life in this type of activity.

Feb 09, 2023 at 06:18 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.