New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Spectraview II (NEC) and ColorNavigator (Eizo) Issues

StudioAbe

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Spectraview II (NEC) and ColorNavigator (Eizo) Issues

Q: How do you run both Spectraview II and ColorNavigator without each interfering with other? After setting up Eizo ColorEdge monitor and installing ColorNavigator, I can no longer successfully launch Spectraview II to calibrate my existing NEC PA monitor.

Background:
I have a 2-monitor setup, and up until now, they were both NEC. NEC's Spectraview calibration software with i1 Display Pro calibrator has done a spot on job of keeping both monitors calibrated.
With the recent update to Spectraview II, the older, secondary monitor is no longer supported by the software, and since it was about time to replace (after 14 years of service), I started looking for its replacement. I've found out that NEC is pulling out of wide gamut monitor market and focusing more on commercial displays. So I went with Eizo's CS monitor (entry level, after all, this was to be used as a secondary monitor).
I set up the Eizo monitor and installed their ColorNavigator software, I calibrated the Eizo monitor using the i1 Display Pro calibrator. All went well there. When I connected the calibrator to NEC monitor and launched Spectraview II to calibrate the NEC monitor, it no longer would recognize the monitor - in fact, it recognizes the Eizo monitor and stalls.

How do I make the calibration softwares to work with their respective monitors without interfering with each other?

Jan 27, 2023 at 12:02 AM
Ho1972
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Spectraview II (NEC) and ColorNavigator (Eizo) Issues

Try disconnecting your Eizo when you run Spectraview. Beyond that...

After installing Win 11 and the latest Spectraview update, the software claims it can't communicate with my newest NEC, but the diagnostics show that it does. WTF? I didn't bother to sort that out because I still have a Win 10 install on a secondary drive. I booted into that, calibrated both monitors successfully with a 2017 version of Spectraview and then copied the "C:UsersPublicDocumentsNEC Display Solutions" folder and calibration profiles over to Win 11. Sort of convoluted but it works.

Maybe try reverting to an older version of Spectraview if all else fails.

Jan 27, 2023 at 05:42 AM
StudioAbe

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Spectraview II (NEC) and ColorNavigator (Eizo) Issues

Hi - thanks for the suggestions.

It works now... it was late at night and I guess I reacted too soon.

Before I'd reach back and physically disconnect the monitor, I shut down, cut the entire power off, then waited thirty seconds before restart. Spectraview II detects CS2420 first on its splash screen but when the main window opens, it picks PA322. The version of Spectraview II I use is 1.1.43 (the latest offered, since I am on OS 10.12 Monterey with the intent to update to Ventura in the coming months). It's a minor detail and something I won't mind at all.
I've calibrated both monitors using their respective calibration softwares - NEC first, Eizo next and in reverse order as well - and they are coexisting nicely (as it should be). All is well; now it's just a matter of tweaking the setting on Eizo for the time being to most closely approximate PA322's output which has been tried and tested over the years.

Jan 27, 2023 at 11:33 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.