New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Server

anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Server

© anthonysemone 2023

X-H2    XF56mmF1.2 R WR lens    56mm    f/1.2    1/52s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Jan 25, 2023 at 06:23 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Server

One job I never had brother! I was a bell hop for $.75hrs plus tips! It was not about the pay. It was that I had a summer job! It is what my generation did in the summer.

Nice capture!
S/F!
RD

Jan 26, 2023 at 03:05 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Server

Copy that, RD. When I was dc'd from active USMC duty, I returned to my home in Pompano Beach. I got a job as a bellhop at the Lauderdale Biltmore Hotel on Lauderdale Beach. I had.a day-shift working at Bill Piatt's Gulf Station in Pompano, 0700-1600 hours. Went home, got cleaned up, ate supper, hopped on my motorcycle, rode to the Hotel for my 1800 to 0200 hour shift Rinse and repeat - 6 days a week. That hotel was said to be the principle residence of the major airlines stewardesses (as they were called in those days) for their overnight stays . I have a story or two I can tell you when we meet up about "serving the stewardiii" but I digress. Saved my money to go back to U of F. S/F Bro (Edit: Yeah, I know: when I was a grade school student, I walked 3 miles to school during driving snowstorms and it was uphill both ways).

Jan 26, 2023 at 08:39 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Server

anthonysemone wrote:
Copy that, RD. When I was dc'd from active USMC duty, I returned to my home in Pompano Beach. I got a job as a bellhop at the Lauderdale Biltmore Hotel on Lauderdale Beach. I had.a day-shift working at Bill Piatt's Gulf Station in Pompano, 0700-1600 hours. Went home, got cleaned up, ate supper, hopped on my motorcycle, rode to the Hotel for my 1800 to 0200 hour shift Rinse and repeat - 6 days a week. That hotel was said to be the principle residence of the major airlines stewardesses (as they were called in those days) for their
...Show more

I did also brother and I had "no boots"!!! ! Iowas winter's were very harsh!
And when we moved to Mary-land...no school because of snow? WTF?

In high school in the summer, I had 3 jobs, 7 days a week! I took a week off before school started but it seemed " a right of passage" sort of mentality.

S/F!
RD

Jan 27, 2023 at 02:11 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.