Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       end
  

As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock

  
 
JadedWriter
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


Would I buy one if it existed? Probably for two lenses tops. Am I going to complain about it till infinity over it not existing? No. I honestly have way better things to do with my time and creative energy.
quote]Desmolicious wrote:
Yes a screw drive FTZ will be more expensive. But no-one will make YOU buy it. Only the people who want one will buy it.

Where's the downside?





Jan 26, 2023 at 12:07 PM
Desmolicious
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


RoamingScott wrote:
Ask Nikon. They’ve clearly identified one because the product doesn’t exist.



Or they clearly ignored a golden opportunity to differentiate themselves.

Nikon is famous for that - like how they were convinced mirrorless wouldn't catch on and so stuck with DSLRs.



Jan 26, 2023 at 12:09 PM
JadedWriter
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


They're doing it with their telephoto lenses, but if a person is hung on AF-D glass it's definitely not something they're going to pay attention to. I like the Z glass personally, but everybody has their own personal thing that floats their boat. And with the DSLR to mirrorless thing. They catch flack for it regardless of whatever decision they made. People mad because they transitioned out of DSLR and people mad that they stuck with DSLR for too long and didn't go headlong into mirrorless fast enough. So honestly people need to pick their poison and move on.
Desmolicious wrote:
Or they clearly ignored a golden opportunity to differentiate themselves.

Nikon is famous for that - like how they were convinced mirrorless wouldn't catch on and so stuck with DSLRs.





Jan 26, 2023 at 12:14 PM
Desmolicious
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


JadedWriter wrote:
They're doing it with their telephoto lenses, but if a person is hung on AF-D glass it's definitely not something they're going to pay attention to. I like the Z glass personally, but everybody has their own personal thing that floats their boat. And with the DSLR to mirrorless thing. They catch flack for it regardless of whatever decision they made. People mad because they transitioned out of DSLR and people mad that they stuck with DSLR for too long and didn't go headlong into mirrorless fast enough. So honestly people need to pick their poison and move on.



All Nikon had to do, and can still do, is make an adapter that works. Even now they can use it as a marketing tool. Why would you leave that benefit on the table?

Bunch of tiktok videos with influencers showing how cool Nikon is, cuz no other mfg does that! Bunch of you-tubers doing the same thing.

But no, lets just try to convince potential buyers that my insect eye AF is better than your insect eye AF. Even though all these type of cameras blend into the same thing...



Jan 26, 2023 at 02:37 PM
Desmolicious
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


Simple question to everyone. Why wouldn't you want Nikon to offer an adapter that allows for D lens compatibility?








Jan 26, 2023 at 02:45 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

RoamingScott
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


Desmolicious wrote:
Simple question to everyone. Why wouldn't you want Nikon to offer an adapter that allows for D lens compatibility?




No one is saying they actively DON'T WANT one to exist. I'd love it Nikon made one, because we'd never have to hear about this again!

The majority of us are saying it's very unlikely that it ever WILL exist because the perceived demand for it on forums like this skews way higher than the average Nikon consumer demand out in the real world. Nikon is making products they think their customers will actually buy and provide a return on investment, like world class tele lenses, and more lately some value-based pancake lenses.

Almost no "normal" customer is looking to buy used AF-D glass in 2023, full stop.

I still don't understand the argument that someone would take their Nikon AF-D glass to Sony, where it would still be MF only, just to stick it to Nikon for reasons.



Jan 26, 2023 at 02:47 PM
JadedWriter
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


Unless you get very lucky like Fuji did with the X100V, tech sells it's that simple. A lot of the young film crowd doesn't even buy the exotic lenses like this and I have basically only seen 80-200's being used by freelancers on a tight budget. I don't think anything in the demographic would really care whether a camera body supports AF-D or not. I don't even see people on YouTube talking about it that much.
Desmolicious wrote:
All Nikon had to do, and can still do, is make an adapter that works. Even now they can use it as a marketing tool. Why would you leave that benefit on the table?

Bunch of tiktok videos with influencers showing how cool Nikon is, cuz no other mfg does that! Bunch of you-tubers doing the same thing.

But no, lets just try to convince potential buyers that my insect eye AF is better than your insect eye AF. Even though all these type of cameras blend into the same thing...





Jan 26, 2023 at 02:56 PM
JadedWriter
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


Because I honestly don't care. I'm honestly more concerned about Nikon moving forwards and not backwards and actually focus on getting better at internally servicing the stuff that they actually do make still and make products faster.
Desmolicious wrote:
Simple question to everyone. Why wouldn't you want Nikon to offer an adapter that allows for D lens compatibility?







Jan 26, 2023 at 02:59 PM
sjms
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · As long as Nikon keeps repair parts in stock


my 17-35 2.8D works just fine with FTZ. but personally i prefer thr 14-30/4 S on it for weight alone.


Jan 26, 2023 at 03:09 PM
1       2      
3
       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password