Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Tamron 35-150mm, replace most of my lenses?

wordfool
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Tamron 35-150mm, replace most of my lenses?

Dustin Gent wrote:
i am intrigued by this lens, as it seems to be headed towards "legendary" status, however i wasted $140 renting the 70-200mm GMII; i promptly bought it when i sent the lens back to borrowlens on Monday lol.
Also i have the Sigma 24-70 ART that i am going to sell as I have never been in love with that range, ever. Weird I know

Iíve always had a love/hate relationship with the 24-70/2.8 ó love it for photojournalism type gigs when I need a fast zoom covering key focal lengths, but hate it because I always curse when I bump up against that 70mm limit. Itís just too short as a general purpose lens for me. I have the 24-105/4, which is better (albeit only f/4) but I wish Sony would update that to be a 24-120/4. That would be a far more attractive proposition for me as a general purpose ďwalk aroundĒ lens than the bigger, heavier 35-150.

I much prefer the 70-200/2.8 (also have the GM ii) over the 24-70, but then Iím partial to longer focal lengths in general and donít own anything wider than 24mm. I guess I consider the f/2.8 zooms like the 24-70, 70-200, and now 35-150 more as professional tools rather than casual or fun lenses, which for me tend to be the smaller, lighter f/4 zooms or primes. And like any tool you pick the right one for the task, so itís great thereís now a new tool for the proverbial box in the form of the of the 35-150.

I also think that for decades the 24-70 and 70-200 combo has been such a staple of my gear that perhaps my way of seeing and photographing the world has been shaped by that 24-200 range to such an extent that the thought of using a 35-150 just does not compute! Maybe one of those things where I just need to close my eyes, take the plunge, and be pleasantly surprised at the result. Shame I donít have a spare couple grand!

Jan 28, 2023 at 10:19 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password