Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2023 · Finally dropped a camera....

kaldur
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Finally dropped a camera....

Sorry to hear it.
A couple of years back when I'd had my (bought second hand) A7rii for around a year I reckon and just gotten a bit annoyed with the small batteries and delay when writing a photo and was gearing up for a walk with just the camera and the FE 85/1,8, a combo which just barely fit in a small camera bag with a handle, I mean I could barely lock it.

Once outside and coming upon street corner with an interesting subject I held the bag up and unlocked it with the other hand and (somehow) the camera and lens just popped right out, made a backflip and hit the pavement. I'm not an athlete but I don't have super bad reflexes either but I could just stare dumbfounded at this apparent break in physics. The combo landed camera down so there wasn't a stray hair on the lens but the camera (while remaining fully functional) became instantly unsellable (the viewfinder sits at an angle and is taped). It still is camera enough, minus the AF and the small cold-sensitive W-type batteries, for me so I suppose fate stepped in and prevented upgradeitis. (Unfortunately for it I later acquired the 200-600 and promptly bought a used A9 but that's more of a sidegrade)

Jan 28, 2023 at 01:42 PM
mikekel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Finally dropped a camera....

Nothing works, I'd be happy if it were just the screen. Prelim estimates are $500 to $800 before inspecting it. Given resell market is about $1,000, It's going up on the trophy shelf as a permanent paperweight.

Jan 28, 2023 at 06:09 PM
johnvanr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Finally dropped a camera....

GMPhotography wrote:
Not sure rider home insurance actually covers outside USA, something to check. Being a Pro I could not use a rider insurance Home policy so had to get a business insurance one. Don't forget you will have a deductible usually 500 or 1000

I got insurance from PackageChoice and added an extra rider to it that covers me worldwide, plus for a whole bunch of other things like studio rental, gear rental etc. Much easier than a rider on my homeowner's insurance, as well, since I can very easily add or delete gear from the policy.

Jan 28, 2023 at 06:35 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.