Steve

SteveSchulmanPhotography 2022

Call Box Emergency

Jan 24, 2023 at 05:54 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Call Box Emergency

Steve, I really admire the photographic outcomes of patrolling the streets of NYC. Do you just set out of a time to see what shows up, or, do you have favorite places where the goodies are more prominent? Good go, Sir

Jan 25, 2023 at 11:34 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Call Box Emergency

Looks like rust had a hand in the demise of this structure Steve! Figures it is still left on the ground considering the state of many cities today.
Great capture!
Dan

Jan 25, 2023 at 11:48 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Call Box Emergency

anthonysemone wrote:
Steve, I really admire the photographic outcomes of patrolling the streets of NYC. Do you just set out of a time to see what shows up, or, do you have favorite places where the goodies are more prominent? Good go, Sir

Thanks Anthony. I am fortunate to live in NYC, a paradise if you're a street photographer. It's often said that there's something going here on at every corner. Kind of like Philadelphia where you reside. I live in Greenwich Village so my regular stomping grounds are the East Village, Soho, Noho, the Lower East Side, and the West Village. Occasionally I'll visit other neighborhoods like Chinatown, FIDI, Midtown, etc. I've always loved walking for exercise so it makes for a good combination with photography.

Steve

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:43 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Call Box Emergency

Danpbphoto wrote:
Looks like rust had a hand in the demise of this structure Steve! Figures it is still left on the ground considering the state of many cities today.
Great capture!
Dan

Thanks Dan. Maybe rust, but probably more than likely a car hit the call box and knocked it over. (I have a friend who lives in a building on 18th Street and last week a driver, probably drunk, hit the front of his building, damaging some brick work. It happened in the middle of the night and surveillance cameras showed the car but not the license plate. The car immediately took off and the police are not following up. No one was injured except the brickwork). God knows when this call box was erected. It's outdated technology now and you don't see these around much anymore.

Steve

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:51 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Call Box Emergency

That also Steve!
We have these around most college campuses or hospitals.

Yes this crashing into buildings then fleeing has become the new rage around here also. Most are never found but DC has many cameras.
Dan

Jan 25, 2023 at 01:33 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.