New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

golfnphotog
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

I have seen folks turn digital images to painting-like prints. NOT just converting them in PhotoShop with filters (Oil canvas filter) but actually applying brush strokes on the prints almost resembling an oil painting with 'brush like strokes'.

Would appreciate any suggestions or vendors.
Thank you

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:39 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

Corel painter.

Jan 10, 2023 at 10:31 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

Another option is Topaz Impression. Since it is part of their legacy software I don't know if it is sold now with their push towards AI based tools.

Jan 10, 2023 at 10:56 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

I think the OP wants someone to physically paint brush strokes on top of the print, such as with clear acrylic paint.

EBH

Jan 10, 2023 at 05:33 PM
golfnphotog
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

EB-1 wrote:
I think the OP wants someone to physically paint brush strokes on top of the print, such as with clear acrylic paint.

EBH

Thank you for helping clarify my request. I saw digital prints in Carmel/Monterey with prints that had brush strokes like effect on photos -almost resembling Monet/Van Gogh. Perhaps they have a unique 3-D printer but the images were outstanding.

I am not sure the website below might be one option.

https://www.digitalphotosoncanvas.com/painterly_effect.html

Thank you
Sunny

Jan 10, 2023 at 07:08 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

golfnphotog wrote:
Thank you for helping clarify my request. I saw digital prints in Carmel/Monterey with prints that had brush strokes like effect on photos -almost resembling Monet/Van Gogh. Perhaps they have a unique 3-D printer but the images were outstanding.

I am not sure the website below might be one option.

https://www.digitalphotosoncanvas.com/painterly_effect.html

Thank you
Sunny

Are they brush like effects or real brush strokes?

Jan 10, 2023 at 07:44 PM
mkuznicki
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

"The Painterly Effect is done digitally in the computer prior to printing, while the gel brush stroke finish is applied to the surface of the canvas after it is printed."

Jan 10, 2023 at 09:25 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Paint strokes or brush strokes on prints - vendor recommendation

Correct, and it has been done for many years. Just like you can install actual LED miniature lights into finished paintings and photographic prints.

I recall painting a product named ‘Crackle-It’ or something, to black and white prints. It made them look like antique prints. You could even then rub dark stain onto the dried varnish finish, wipe over it with a dry cloth, and the cracks would be even more accentuated.

No software involved.

Jan 10, 2023 at 10:25 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.