New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Rawtherapee, Capture One, Darktable

hanay78
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rawtherapee, Capture One, Darktable

Dear all,

I am quite deceived with the new version of Rawtherapee. Maybe it is me, that I am still lacking experience, but the local adjustments are in my opinion quite inferior to the more logical manner in which Capture One is doing this, using layers.

I was not so convinced by this new version, so I start making a trial with the new version of Capture One. Dcp profiles cannot be utilized there, also quite deceiving, since I do not like the colors of Sony. The same happens in Darktable, also no support for dcp files.

What is your impression about this?

Regards

Jan 05, 2023 at 10:31 AM
bobby350z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rawtherapee, Capture One, Darktable

What is Dcp. Why Sony colors are no good in C1? Which Sony camera?

Jan 05, 2023 at 10:55 AM
bjhurley
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rawtherapee, Capture One, Darktable

bobby350z wrote:
What is Dcp.

https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_create_DCP_color_profiles

Capture One uses ICC profiles, not DCP profiles. There's some discussion about it here: https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360012401218-Creating-a-Camera-Profile

Note that if you use the ProStandard profiles built into Capture One for recent cameras you should get better colors, especially skin tones, under any lighting conditions.

Jan 05, 2023 at 01:17 PM
hanay78
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rawtherapee, Capture One, Darktable

bjhurley wrote:
https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_create_DCP_color_profiles

Capture One uses ICC profiles, not DCP profiles. There's some discussion about it here: https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360012401218-Creating-a-Camera-Profile

Yes and I find this very inconvenient. Icc profile with the xrite for a single light condition. Maybe adequate for a studio session, but for other types of photographs...

Note that if you use the ProStandard profiles built into Capture One for recent cameras you should get better colors, especially skin tones, under any lighting conditions.

I read they claim that they have a database and an algorithm that produce a nice correction, but adapting objectives, not very usable. It look a good and convenient idea the dcp files. A corrrection for any camera combination and objective with or without filters for an iluminator. A known matrix of colors, that compared with the measured one produces a correction.

Jan 06, 2023 at 01:13 PM
exdeejjjaaaa
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rawtherapee, Capture One, Darktable

hanay78 wrote:
Yes and I find this very inconvenient. Icc profile with the xrite for a single light condition. Maybe adequate for a studio session, but for other types of photographs...

I did not notice that people using ACR/LR are doing better color-wise than people using C1 ... despite dual ( now already triple illuminant possible - albeit not that Adobe ships such) illuminant profiles DCP profiles in ACR/LR vs single illuminant profiles in C1

Jan 06, 2023 at 10:24 PM
exdeejjjaaaa
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rawtherapee, Capture One, Darktable

hanay78 wrote:
Dear all,

I am quite deceived with the new version of Rawtherapee. Maybe it is me, that I am still lacking experience, but the local adjustments are in my opinion quite inferior to the more logical manner in which Capture One is doing this, using layers.

I was not so convinced by this new version, so I start making a trial with the new version of Capture One. Dcp profiles cannot be utilized there, also quite deceiving, since I do not like the colors of Sony. The same happens in Darktable, also no support for dcp files.

What is your impression about this?

Regards

...Show more

about what ?

Jan 06, 2023 at 10:30 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.