New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Weird green screen in PS

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Weird green screen in PS

Hello - I just updated my Photoshop sub. It is acting very wrong. A bright, green screen pops up every time I try to resize in the view drop down, ie make screen size, 100% etc. It frankly pops up whenever I try most any task.

If this video works, you can see it, as it's hard to describe. Video won't load. So I see this - a flashing or static green, covering the entire window! Do I have something strange set that is making this happen? I have restarted, etc. I'm on a Mac, running Monterrey.

While I'm at it, I was working in layers last night (or trying to) and instead of showing the layered effect when the layer was clicked on, I had to unclick, or turn off the layer to see the effect. This is very concerning.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jan 02, 2023 at 09:01 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Weird green screen in PS

I had that happen to me. I’m not at my main computer right now but when I get back it I’ll post the solution.

Jan 02, 2023 at 09:51 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Weird green screen in PS

Zenon Char wrote:
I had that happen to me. I’m not at my main computer right now but when I get back it I’ll post the solution.

Bless your heart. It feels like everything is upside down! It's happening when I use my mouse to touch-scroll, basically any move I make, I get the green or jitters and green.

Jan 02, 2023 at 09:57 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Weird green screen in PS

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop.

Jan 02, 2023 at 10:59 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Weird green screen in PS

Thank you. It didn't work for me. I've got a post in the Adobe forum, but not holding my breath. This is incredibly anger-inducing. I have the day off to finally work on photos and this.

Jan 02, 2023 at 01:13 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Weird green screen in PS

Back in the day, trashing your prefs was the cure for much PS weirdness. Might be worth a shot.

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/reset-photoshop-preferences/

FWIW, I would backup the prefs file first. If the reset doesn't fix your issue you won't have to redo your customizations.

Jan 02, 2023 at 01:33 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Weird green screen in PS

Ho1972 wrote:
Back in the day, trashing your prefs was the cure for much PS weirdness. Might be worth a shot.

FWIW, I would backup the prefs file first. If the reset doesn't fix your issue you won't have to redo your customizations.

Thank you - I just did this. I'll let it sit and then open PS again. In all my years I have never had anything like this happen.

Jan 02, 2023 at 02:00 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Weird green screen in PS

Ho1972 wrote:

That did the trick!!!! THANK YOU! I can't tell you how grateful I am. Boy, it was sure acting weird, though.

Jan 02, 2023 at 02:08 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Weird green screen in PS

^ Sometimes the old tricks are the best tricks. 😎 Glad it worked for you.

Jan 02, 2023 at 03:53 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Weird green screen in PS

Sharona wrote:
Thank you. It didn't work for me. I've got a post in the Adobe forum, but not holding my breath. This is incredibly anger-inducing. I have the day off to finally work on photos and this.

When you didn't answer for a while I figured it didn't work. Glad you found the solution.

Jan 03, 2023 at 11:29 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Weird green screen in PS

Zenon Char wrote:
When you didn't answer for a while I figured it didn't work. Glad you found the solution.

I did appreciate the input and idea!

Jan 03, 2023 at 12:05 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Weird green screen in PS

Sharona wrote:
I did appreciate the input and idea!

I got that advice from the Lightroom Queens site. Great resource if you can’t get and answer here. The good old re-setting presets is the last step before you re- install the software usually does the trick.

Jan 03, 2023 at 12:12 PM
jeffbuzz
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Weird green screen in PS

Could be a GPU incompatibility issue. If you're using GPU processing, be sure you have the latest drivers installed. Did your old prefs have that enabled and now perhaps it's disabled? If so, zapping the prefs may have simply masked the root cause.

Jan 05, 2023 at 06:17 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.