Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6       7       8       end
  

Archive 2022 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread

  
 
airfrogusmc
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


Desmolicious wrote:
M6, 35 FLE

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53056289600_1f0c4cf1f6_o.jpg


You rock these triptychs Huss. Another beauty among many.



Nov 29, 2023 at 06:45 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


airfrogusmc wrote:
You rock these triptychs Huss. Another beauty among many.


Thanks Allen!



Nov 29, 2023 at 07:43 PM
prh5551
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


All the photos in this thread look nice...like they were shot in the 1960s and 1970s. Although they all have a soft warm feeling, I'm not that impressed with the 'look'. I assume that is the style of this Leica lens and why people want it.


Nov 29, 2023 at 09:28 PM
airfrogusmc
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


prh5551 wrote:
All the photos in this thread look nice...like they were shot in the 1960s and 1970s. Although they all have a soft warm feeling, I'm not that impressed with the 'look'. I assume that is the style of this Leica lens and why people want it.


A decent read
https://www.artphotoacademy.com/the-leica-look/



Nov 29, 2023 at 10:16 PM
Keahi08
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


I've wanted a pre-ASPH for a very long time. After a short detour with a FLE, I think this thread finally pushed me over the edge. I just closed on one that's been on the board for a few weeks.

I have some questions to those that have posted Pre-ASPH images here. Some seem wide open and with more contrast or saturation than I would expect. Is that achieved via PP? Second, is there a lot of sample variation or can I expect a copy in reasonable condition to produce similar glow, and saturation(assuming similar conditions or PP)?



Nov 30, 2023 at 06:30 PM
ocean2059
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


Keahi08 wrote:
I've wanted a pre-ASPH for a very long time. After a short detour with a FLE, I think this thread finally pushed me over the edge. I just closed on one that's been on the board for a few weeks.

I have some questions to those that have posted Pre-ASPH images here. Some seem wide open and with more contrast or saturation than I would expect. Is that achieved via PP? Second, is there a lot of sample variation or can I expect a copy in reasonable condition to produce similar glow, and saturation(assuming similar conditions or PP)?


You may want to check this out, https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/288041-35mm-14-summilux-pre-asph/, over 100 pages of discussion and images.

I have a v2 version made in Canada with later serial number of 32xxx. I feel that my copy has a good amount of contrast and glow wide open, but the color is less modern. I believe that the copies of later v2 version, made in Germany, including the titanium version, have later Leica coating, which render a bit more contrasty/sharper but perhaps a bit less susceptible to glow. Some mentioned that the v1 and earlier v2 versions with infinity lock have less contrast, thus appeared less sharp wide open, but easier to have flare. Some difference among versions could be the results of changing coating Leica used over the span of 30 plus years and maybe the glass materials due to environmental regulations as well. I have not read about sample variations but a good CLA service should help regardless of which versions.



Nov 30, 2023 at 07:50 PM
1bwana1
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


This is one from what is probably my last day shooting with my beloved 35mm Summicron ASPH (pre-FLE). It has been my most used lens during my Leica ownership. But I was offered a good opportunity to by a 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE-II that I couldn't resist. That lens arrived today and I will start shooting with it tomorrow.

I will be posting my original 35mm Lux ASPH here on the B&S board in the next couple of days if anyone is interested. It has been a great lens for me. It will be missed...





Leica M11, Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH




Nov 30, 2023 at 08:08 PM
Keahi08
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


ocean2059 wrote:
You may want to check this out, https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/288041-35mm-14-summilux-pre-asph/, over 100 pages of discussion and images.

I have a v2 version made in Canada with later serial number of 32xxx. I feel that my copy has a good amount of contrast and glow wide open, but the color is less modern. I believe that the copies of later v2 version, made in Germany, including the titanium version, have later Leica coating, which render a bit more contrasty/sharper but perhaps a bit less susceptible to glow. Some mentioned that the v1 and earlier v2 versions with infinity lock have less contrast, thus
...Show more

Thanks for sharing information and for the resource link!



Nov 30, 2023 at 08:28 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


SL2-S w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

Cars and Coffee Chesapeake VA by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Cars and Coffee Chesapeake VA by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Cars and Coffee Chesapeake VA by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Impala by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 02, 2023 at 03:42 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


SL2-S w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

Cars and Coffee Chesapeake VA by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Cars and Coffee Chesapeake VA by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Cars and Coffee Chesapeake VA by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Cars and Coffee Chesapeake VA by Rick McNelly, on Flickr




Dec 02, 2023 at 03:44 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


SL2-S w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

VW Beetle by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

VW Beetle by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

VW Beetle by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

VW Beetle by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 02, 2023 at 03:46 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

1964 Chevy Impala by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

1964 Chevy Impala by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 16, 2023 at 01:38 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

AMX by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

AMX by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

AMX by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 16, 2023 at 01:39 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

1970 Ford F100 by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

1970 Ford F100 by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

1970 Ford F100 by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

1970 Ford F100 by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 16, 2023 at 01:41 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

Lamp by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 16, 2023 at 01:42 PM
1bwana1
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


Here are a couple of beach scenes recently taken with a Leica 35mm.





Leica M11, Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH







Leica M11, Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE II




Dec 16, 2023 at 07:46 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2 four shot panorama.

Shelby Daytona by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 23, 2023 at 01:47 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


Shiba Inu
M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

Shiba Inu by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 23, 2023 at 07:31 PM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

1965 Mustang by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

Elf by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 27, 2023 at 09:37 AM
rmcnelly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · 35 Summilux Picture Thread


M10 w/Summilux-M 1:1.4/35mm Pre-ASPH V2

1968 Barracuda by Rick McNelly, on Flickr



Dec 30, 2023 at 02:33 PM
1       2       3       4      
5
       6       7       8       end




FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6       7       8       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.