New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              29              end

Archive 2022 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

ajamils
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.30 #1 · p.30 #1 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

Do you plan on switching to the F4 version of 70-200?

jrscls wrote:
I am pairing the 20-70 G with the 70-200 GM II and really makes a nice pair. I also have a 35mm f/1.4 GM if I need faster than f/4. I might also consider another wider/faster prime.

Aug 06, 2023 at 09:45 PM
jrscls
• • • •
p.30 #2 · p.30 #2 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

ajamils wrote:
Do you plan on switching to the F4 version of 70-200?

No, I don't plan on switching to the f/4 version of the 70-200. I love the 70-200 GM II, and I don't feel the need for any other lenses in this focal range as it is very versatile. For the 20-70, I wanted a lighter walkaround that also covers wide angle. I can't give up my 35m GM, so the f/4 works for a general purpose zoom where the weight savings are noticable.

Aug 06, 2023 at 09:50 PM
sandycrane
• • •
p.30 #3 · p.30 #3 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

lensfan wrote:
Thank you! But the lens actually did the heavy lifting - I just picked the direction to point it at.
I always underestimated Turkiye as a tourist destination despite its popularity. Now I visit it almost every year, sometimes several times a year and often Istanbul is the main destination being a hub. The first time I found myself in Istanbul some 15 years ago on a business trip the city blew my mind. Such rich history, East meets West, food, etc. I find Taksim to be the optimal lodging location due to transport convenience... and Istiklal starts there as well.

The first time I hit Istanbul in 1971 there was a dancing bear walking through the crowd in the square between Hagia Sophia and Sultan Ahmed, and . I. go....WHOA! Been there 9 or 10 times since My second favorite city in the world after Rome and I am always struck by its combination of exotic atmosphere and easy accessibility. I find myself searching out the more obscure sites described in John Freely's "Strolling Through Istanbul", one of the finest guidebooks ever written.
Anyways, I am struggling between getting the 20-70 or sticking with my very good 24-120 and Voigtlander 15/4.5. I am not famous for my self control.

Feb 29, 2024 at 03:37 PM
Peire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.30 #4 · p.30 #4 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

sandycrane wrote:
The first time I hit Istanbul in 1971 there was a dancing bear walking through the crowd in the square between Hagia Sophia and Sultan Ahmed, and . I. go....WHOA! Been there 9 or 10 times since My second favorite city in the world after Rome and I am always struck by its combination of exotic atmosphere and easy accessibility. I find myself searching out the more obscure sites described in John Freely's "Strolling Through Istanbul", one of the finest guidebooks ever written.
Anyways, I am struggling between getting the 20-70 or sticking with my very good 24-120 and Voigtlander 15/4.5.
...Show more

Nice to see that there is one more person in the world,who likes most Rome and Istanbul out of all cities.In my case Rome is on the first place and Istanbul takes the second,but they are complementary somehow - two former capitals of the empire and a civilized world in the past.

Mar 01, 2024 at 03:10 AM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.30 #5 · p.30 #5 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

a7cR / 20-70 Lisbon, Rossio
/10, 50mm, 1.6 seconds, iso 80

Mar 02, 2024 at 06:40 PM
CPWarner
• • •
p.30 #6 · p.30 #6 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

MikeEvangelist wrote:
Very happy with my new travel kit; the a7R5, the 20-70mm and a VC 15mm, in the diminutive Tenba BYOB 9 bag.

Incredibly compact and flexible, yet delivering superb image quality.

Have the same combo myself. I then add the 70-200 f/4 G OSS II and have a very light weight package that can do macro as well.

Mar 04, 2024 at 06:07 PM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.30 #7 · p.30 #7 · Pre-order: Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens

Here's one at 20mm...To me, this is the ideal travel zoom lens, smallish, new/better zoom range, built like a GM. The wide end makes this lens almost perfect for me.

Mar 06, 2024 at 01:40 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.