FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2022 · 3rd party BG-R10 vertical grip is now available

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 3rd party BG-R10 vertical grip is now available

Llewtwo wrote:
If I am BM and already selling third party batteries selling a grip that holds two probably is a good addition to the lineup. It's hard to tell anymore who sources the actual product since so many simply buy a product and put their brand on it. I once worked in a bread factory and the same bread was labeled with over 15 different brands for different retailers. Same bread and I am sure they all said theirs was better. I have used third party grips and generally they have worked nearly as well in my use as my Canon
...Show more

Agreed…until I tried to download. Seems everything else worked fine. Maybe it was just my inability to get the Wi-Fi to work…

Dec 07, 2022 at 09:42 AM
Al Goldis
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 3rd party BG-R10 vertical grip is now available

Has anyone else tried one of these off-brand BG-R10 grips?

Apr 20, 2023 at 06:53 PM
Al Goldis
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 3rd party BG-R10 vertical grip is now available

I got one a short time ago. I haven't tested WiFi and don't ever plan to, but otherwise the video in the O.P., while it feels too long, does cover pretty much everything I have found. Comparing it to the OEM version I have had for a couple years, functionally, it does everything the OEM does (except again, I haven't tested WiFi) and seems solid enough. The only real downside I have found is the clicking noise the buttons make vs the silent operation of the OEM version (also covered in the video).

The feel of the buttons is fine (could do without the clicking noise, though). The wheels are not as well made, but function fine. I think the wheels on the OEM version are actually made of metal not plastic.

I got mine on ebay and the seller made a bit of a strategic error in listing it as an auction with a low starting bid so I got it for about half of what it should have sold for. No mention of the brand in the listing, but it turned out to be Neewer. I could find no difference between it and the Mcoplus brand in the video.

Overall, I think it was well worth it considering the OEM costs about 7X what I paid for the third party version.

May 09, 2023 at 08:36 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.