FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              34      
       end

Voigtlander 35mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

gordec
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.35 #1 · p.35 #1 · Voigtlander 35mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

Do those who had this lens and 35 FLE feel like the Nokton 35/1.5 is actually better lens than the FLE? It seems like the only advantage of the FLE is sharpness wide open and less vignetting. Nokton wins everywhere else. The 35 FLE is glued to my M 99% of the time. I shoot a lot of environmental portraits often at f1.4. The rendering of the 35 FLE is just magical. It is also very sharp wide open. Furthermore, cosmetically it matches M bodies perfectly. I feel like 35mm is the one focal lengths I don’t want to compromising. I may need to get one of these to see how it feels in real life.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:40 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.35 #2 · p.35 #2 · Voigtlander 35mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

The Leica 35mm Summilux FLE is an amazing lens. Many say it is the reference for 35mm lenses. Unless you are looking for some particular aberration (defect) for some unique rendering for a specific image there is no point in looking elsewhere. Like you, mine is mounted on my M11 over 90% of the time.

That said, the Nokton is an excellent lens and the price difference is significant. But I would never swap it for my Lux FLE.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:50 PM
david6908

Upload & Sell: Off
p.35 #3 · p.35 #3 · Voigtlander 35mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

Happy Chinese New Year!

Feb 18, 2024 at 01:43 AM
_jim_
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.35 #4 · p.35 #4 · Voigtlander 35mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

How well does the black coating/paint on the V1 wear? Obviously anodizing is super durable, but I’m unsure about the newer coating Voigtlander is using on their aluminum bodied lenses.

Mar 10, 2024 at 03:55 PM
ZdevilH1
• •
p.35 #5 · p.35 #5 · Voigtlander 35mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

_jim_ wrote:
How well does the black coating/paint on the V1 wear? Obviously anodizing is super durable, but I’m unsure about the newer coating Voigtlander is using on their aluminum bodied lenses.

I've had mine for about a year with no paint defects at all. Looks brand new.
I chose the aluminum because of the weight savings and have had no regrets at all.

Mar 10, 2024 at 04:22 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.