New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Opposite of black bar with flash shutter sync issue

mollusk222

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Opposite of black bar with flash shutter sync issue

FML

I have a canon R5 and I'm shooting high speed sync with broncolor Siros L 800. I'm shooting tabletop using a single light source to get a nice shadow. I've been through the whole black bar HS debacle already and adjusting the HSMA value in order to get the sync to work and get rid of any black or shadow gradation.

Currently I'm dealing with the opposite of that issue where the bottom of the frame is brighter and the top of the frame is darker. I've adjusted the HSMA to varying amounts but I've only seen that reintroduce the black bar. I've never noticed an overexposure at the bottom of the frame before so I just thought it was my lighting until I finally did some really drastic lighting and flipped the camera around to confirm the issue was not my lighting. I have wasted so much time...any help with this would be extra appreciated. I brought the shutter speed down 1/250 to see if getting out of HS mode would change the issue and it did not. My shutter is set to mechanical which I assume is the best for flash sync.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:18 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Opposite of black bar with flash shutter sync issue

If you suspect potential problems, the best camera shutter speed is well below the rated X-sync. This avoids any mechanical issues with the shutter itself, and with slow trigger response from the strobe. As a test, try 1/30s.

Nov 28, 2022 at 04:08 PM
mollusk222

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Opposite of black bar with flash shutter sync issue

I was wrong about the sync speed being 1/250 and the problem went away at 1/200 and under. It's definitely a HS sync issue I've just never come across this type of result where the bottom portion of the the frame is over exposed. Any guidance on that would still be appreciated. Unfortunately Broncolor is a niche market and they're support in the US is not great. I was given a persons cell phone number yesterday and I'm still waiting for a call back

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:15 AM
n00kia

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Opposite of black bar with flash shutter sync issue

I have the same problem at 250 with my r6 canon and rfs 2.2 transmitter / siros 800L with hs enabled. I contacted broncolor support however no amswer in 4 days yet. Its a transmitter issue, could be solved with a firmware update for sure. I hope they help given the price of the stuff, otherwise I’m gonna sell everyhing

Dec 08, 2022 at 12:35 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.