FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Wash Pond C&C

huddy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wash Pond C&C

Took my crew out on a nice Autumn day after several colder, wetter, more blustery weeks to enjoy the fall color at the oldest state park in TX (100 years!). A few inches of rain over the past several days has filled several of the ponds and brought back a small amount of stream flow, even though it's still fairly ephemeral.

C&C welcome!

Wash Pond by Alan Hudson, on Flickr

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:41 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wash Pond C&C

Alan, I don't visit this Forum often because my landscapes are on the low rung of the ladder. I could spend all day just on this Forum. But I must say, for a simple fall image, the reflection only enhances the scene!

Dan

Nov 28, 2022 at 01:54 PM
huddy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wash Pond C&C

Danpbphoto wrote:
Alan, I don't visit this Forum often because my landscapes are on the low rung of the ladder. I could spend all day just on this Forum. But I must say, for a simple fall image, the reflection only enhances the scene!

Dan

Thanks for the thumbsup Dan, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I likewise view my work in humble regard. Although there is a fair amount of color around this pond at the moment, this one tree of extra intense color and backlit by the setting sun caught my eye as we slowly descended the old hand carved limestone steps to the pond.

Looking through the other shots, my oldest (still fairly young) took one looking back North from just below the small dam that forms this pond. I hope that we have another fall year while he is still at home that we get a combination of good fall color and fresh water as I can see another really good composition in my minds eye just about 3 steps from where he was standing.

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:37 AM
Starfire8
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wash Pond C&C

A beautiful composition and excellent control of the light!

David

Nov 29, 2022 at 05:01 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password