FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2022 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

AdamWoods

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Trek two of my Rwanda trip was in much different terrain the the first day. We had to trek over a mountain, down to a ravine, and back up the side of the next mountain. Luckily the elevation was only around 8,500 feet this time. It was a bit muddy and slippery, but our porters were so helpful. We climbed up to were the Gorillas were last spotted and I was 5 feet from a Silverback, laying in the sun scratching his belly. The sound was amazing. It sounded like rough dry leathery skin, very abrasive. We were able to make it around him so the sun was at our back. Perfect Lighting! To top off the trip, a young gorilla came up behind me, walking within a foot of me and sat down staring at me. He then began his hijinks of kicking, sticking his tongue out, and beating his chest. Hope you enjoy the photos.

https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Silverback%20Mountain%20Gorilla%201.jpg
https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Young%20Mountain%20Gorilla%20Sticking%20Tongue%20Out.jpg
https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Mountain%20Gorilla%20Hand%20Fingerprints.jpg
https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Silverback%20Mountain%20Gorilla.jpg
https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Mountain%20Gorilla%2017.jpg
https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Mountain%20Gorilla%2015.jpg
https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Baby%20Mountain%20Gorilla%20Riding%20on%20Back%20of%20Mom.jpg
https://adamwoods.com/content/galleries/Rwanda/Mountain%20Gorilla%2010.jpg

Nov 27, 2022 at 01:47 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

I really enjoy the images a lot. At my age, probably I wouldn’t be able to make the trek… . Oh, well. I like the close up of the hand and the youngster on mom’s back. If you are posting images of more than 3, I would suggest for you to number them. It is easier and more convenient to leave comment for a specific image. Similar to the comment I left in the first thread, I would like to see the eye areas to be a tad brighter. It can be done in PP easily.

Joshua

Nov 27, 2022 at 02:25 PM
AdamWoods

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

AGeoJO wrote:
I really enjoy the images a lot. At my age, probably I wouldn’t be able to make the trek… . Oh, well. I like the close up of the hand and the youngster on mom’s back. If you are posting images of more than 3, I would suggest for you to number them. It is easier and more convenient to leave comment for a specific image. Similar to the comment I left in the first thread, I would like to see the eye areas to be a tad brighter. It can be done in PP easily.

Joshua

Thanks again for the tips. Next time I will number the pics. I have a lot more trips to pick from, so hopefully more next week.

Nov 27, 2022 at 02:42 PM
johnohio
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Another fine set Adam. Thanks for sharing details and images from your trip.

John

Nov 27, 2022 at 03:21 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Great seeing more Adam. The second is hilarious. The hand photo is amazing and the child riding the adult special

Morris

Nov 27, 2022 at 04:18 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Love these, Adam. The detail you have here is impressive, and by that I don't mean fine detail, but detail in the sense of capturing these magnificent animals in their habitat. Between the tongue sticking out and the hand, you nailed it.

Gero

Nov 27, 2022 at 06:58 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Great story- probably this will rank very high on your list of favorite experiences.

Nov 27, 2022 at 07:02 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

wow what an experience that must have been. thanks for sharing. voted.

Nov 27, 2022 at 07:24 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Another beautiful set ! Great work.

Birdie

Nov 27, 2022 at 09:39 PM
AdamWoods

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Thanks everybody for your comments. This was an amazing trip. We combined it with a Safari in Kenya. I will post those pics as soon as I can.

Nov 28, 2022 at 04:38 PM
Bobby V
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Very special photos, nice work!

Nov 28, 2022 at 05:24 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

he looks so human.
what stopped him from progress further like human?

Nov 28, 2022 at 11:53 PM
sonamair
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Not sure we have really made progress.
Gorgeous experience

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:08 AM
shredder1656
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

AdamWoods wrote:
Trek two of my Rwanda trip was in much different terrain the the first day. We had to trek over a mountain, down to a ravine, and back up the side of the next mountain. Luckily the elevation was only around 8,500 feet this time. It was a bit muddy and slippery, but our porters were so helpful. We climbed up to were the Gorillas were last spotted and I was 5 feet from a Silverback, laying in the sun scratching his belly. The sound was amazing. It sounded like rough dry leathery skin, very abrasive. We were able to
...Show more

Great set of photos! Very cool story. Nice job!!!

I will say, I am surprised that the silverback allowed you to scratch his belly. That must have been a phenomenal experience.

Sorry. Too many "Amelia Bedelia" books as a little kid, and too many Burns and Allen reruns today. .

Nov 29, 2022 at 05:52 AM
AdamWoods

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

shredder1656 wrote:
Great set of photos! Very cool story. Nice job!!!

I will say, I am surprised that the silverback allowed you to scratch his belly. That must have been a phenomenal experience.

Haha. It was definitely him scratching his own belly. If I would have tried he probably would have ripped my arm off.

Sorry. Too many "Amelia Bedelia" books as a little kid, and too many Burns and Allen reruns today. .

Nov 29, 2022 at 06:12 AM
FrugalStew

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Great photos!

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:18 AM
Al Trujillo
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Wow!! Such incredible captures. I showed them to my and we were both impressed!

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:26 AM
juankgigo
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Very nice series, you got my vote!

Dec 04, 2022 at 10:27 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

Great photos from what sounds like a grueling hike at altitude. The gorillas put on quite a show for you and you captured it wonderfully.

Dec 04, 2022 at 11:22 AM
gorillatours

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda: Part 2

thanks for sharing this amazing story and images. I like this very much

Sep 18, 2023 at 04:56 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.