New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

R7 in-camera panoramic

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · R7 in-camera panoramic

'Special Scene Mode' on the dial. Probably 8 or 9 vertical shots here stitched together in the camera. Handheld and works for me. Only takes shots in jpeg.

Canon EOS R7    RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM lens    141mm    f/6.3    1/200s    5000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:42 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · R7 in-camera panoramic

I've used this feature in my G1X3 for years, and now with the R7. The R6 II has this feature as well and I look forward to using it with the 24-105 or 14-35 lens. The downside is that there is no good panorama display software that I've found. If one of these panoramas came up in a slide show and panned across the long direction Ken Burs style it would add something I think. The panoramas are quite sharp and detailed and its a shame when they just show as a long thin strip.

Nov 27, 2022 at 10:08 AM
RF_780

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · R7 in-camera panoramic

I use PTE AV Studio (WnSoft) for creating displays for a 4K monitor. It does allow for panning panoramas, "ken burns" zooms, audio, slideshows and more.

Nov 27, 2022 at 05:50 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · R7 in-camera panoramic

I have seen, but not tried, software for turning a panorama into a video clip. The random slideshow software that I use could then play the clips when they randomly come across them. I should try this some time. Thanks for the idea.

Nov 28, 2022 at 09:45 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password