New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Fuji X-H2 problems

Gshepherdmom

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X-H2 problems

After having my X-H2 for two weeks I started having serious problems. The EVF goes black on me, shutter button is dead, light on back of camera flashes. I saw a video on YouTube with Boorey Perry having the exact same issues. I use Delkin Black cards, native Fuji batteries and native Fuji lenses, no flash. I returned the camera and Adorama is sending me a replacement. Has anyone else experienced this? I was shooting in Af-c continuous high, electronic/mechanical shutter, uncompressed raw.

Nov 26, 2022 at 06:41 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X-H2 problems

Sounds exactly like Fuji lock ups all the way back to the X-T2. I assume a battery pull fixes? Do you lose the last photo you took?

Nov 26, 2022 at 08:48 AM
JustShootMe
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X-H2 problems

use the Sony tough G cards if you can , you will get the best performance out of those. I'm using a combination of those and for SD also the Lexar Pro 2000x , no lockups here. Also the tough G SD cards work well if you want them to be the same manufacturer.

https://www.memorycard.expert/-Cameras/Fujifilm-X-T5

Nov 26, 2022 at 09:18 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X-H2 problems

OP already has one of the best CFE cards on the market, and one that is explicitly supported by Fuji.

https://fujifilm-x.com/support/compatibility/cameras/list-of-supported-memory-cards/

Fuji still having lockup issues many generations later, across a new memory card format would be pretty sad. Hopefully itís just one bum body and the replacement will work better.

Nov 26, 2022 at 09:47 AM
JustShootMe
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X-H2 problems

yeah I don't get it, I've owned every APSC fuji camera except the XH2s , I've only had one lockup and it was one of the cards . Once replaced, never happened again , that's going back years.

Nov 26, 2022 at 09:52 AM
Gshepherdmom

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X-H2 problems

My X-T3 has never given me a problem at all, so having the X-H2 do that was shocking. Iím hoping that it is rare.

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:25 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji X-H2 problems

Your described shooting conditions are the only ones Iíve ever seen lock ups happen on Fuji bodies. Usually a very fast memory card will prevent this from happening, which is why itís surprising you saw it with your Delkin.

Gshepherdmom wrote:
My X-T3 has never given me a problem at all, so having the X-H2 do that was shocking. Iím hoping that it is rare.

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:36 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji X-H2 problems

One lock up here using Lexar 2000 with my XH2. Best as I can recall, it occurred when I inadvertently pressed the record button intending to press the IOS button while simultaneous rotating the front dial. Led to a solid lockup. Full operability returned off turning it off, removing the battery, reinserting it and turning it back on. I did not repeat the above stupidity to see if I could crash the camera again. I hate fíg video. If I wanted video, Iíd get a damn dedicated video camera, but thatís just me. Grrrrr

Nov 26, 2022 at 01:05 PM
Gshepherdmom

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji X-H2 problems

Yeah, no video for me either.

Nov 26, 2022 at 02:22 PM
joyc

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji X-H2 problems

My brand new X-H2 locked up after I accidentally pressed the right d pad function button. I had to remove the battery to restore function. Then I noticed the top d pad function didn't work. I have the latest firmware, approved Delkin Black card and the new 23. The Q menu on mine seems a bit flakey, too. I have used other models of Fuji before so this is new. Plan of calling Fuji to see what they have to say. I like the camera and the files I have got so far but not sure I want to keep it now.

Dec 01, 2022 at 09:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

joyc

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji X-H2 problems

I decided to recheck my camera before I called Fuji and was unable to repeat my d pad issues but found a new problem where my camera would not focus. I turned it off and on and got it to work again. Fuji support was unable to explain why I have had these problems since so far they have been one time issues. They have not received reports of problems with the card I am using.

Dec 01, 2022 at 10:53 AM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fuji X-H2 problems

I see lockup complaints constantly on Facebook. I still can't believe Fuji is having problems with this.

Dec 01, 2022 at 12:46 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fuji X-H2 problems

JadedWriter wrote:
I see lockup complaints constantly on Facebook. I still can't believe Fuji is having problems with this.

I see them all over the place too. It's a clear deficit in the Fuji ecosystem that they've not been able to overcome for years and years.

Dec 01, 2022 at 01:15 PM
jstrawman
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fuji X-H2 problems

RoamingScott wrote:
I see them all over the place too. It's a clear deficit in the Fuji ecosystem that they've not been able to overcome for years and years.

On more than just the most recent bodies? My XT3 is my first Fuji body. I have never had any problem with it.

Dec 01, 2022 at 02:49 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fuji X-H2 problems

JadedWriter wrote:

Fujifilm has been no different than just about any other manufacturer of cameras or other complex, software-driven devicesehn it comes to bugs discovered during the first release of a new product.

We see it with new versions of software (and cameras today are software driven), computers, cars, cameras, you name it. (Those of us who use multiple camera brands have seen the same pattern with new releases of those other brands.)

I usually avoid being an early adopter of any new camera, whether from Fujifilm or anyone else. It is not at all unusual for companies to discover glitches once the products get into the hands of larger groups of users, even when they devote a lot of time and care to beta testing.

My bet is that there's some kind of bug in the software for the XH2 that is producing this problem. The fact that it apparently does not show up on the XT5 makes it even more likely that a) this is the case and b) a firmware update will fix it.

Annoying? Sure. Unexpected? Not really. Is it a Fujiflm-specific thing? Doesn't seem like it.

- - -

I've used Canon gear since all that way back when the XT was introduced. I've encountered issues at times with lenses and bodies. Some were fixed via software updates, while others (mostly lenses) required a trip back to the manufacturer: the loose mirror issue on the 5D, the unevenly soft corners in the first batch of the excellent EF 16-35mm f/4. Over that time I have also experienced a few very rare lockups on more than one body.

I've used Fujifilm for a decade. So far I have seen few issues that weren't fixable via the inevitable firmware updates... and overall few issues even that way. There was the issue with viewfinder rubber cups coming loose on the XPro2, which was fixed for free. I felt that my old 55-200mm lens wasn't quite up to snuff. Other than that? If my camera ever locked up ó can't remember it happening. No problems.

Problems do happen, especially with a new product when it is first released. But be careful about people who want to use every report of any possible issue as "evidence" that the gear is awful. Be doubly careful when such people spend their time complaining about that gear ad nauseam and constantly bashing the brand. Be extra-super-doubly careful when they aren't current users of the brands they obsessively bitch about.

There's a term for such people.

Not that anyone here would ever do that... ;-)

Edited on Dec 01, 2022 at 03:20 PM · View previous versions

Dec 01, 2022 at 03:06 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fuji X-H2 problems

jstrawman wrote:
On more than just the most recent bodies? My XT3 is my first Fuji body. I have never had any problem with it.

I've personally seen them on my own bodies back to the X-T2 as mentioned.

I owned Sony (3 bodies) for 4 years and had a single lockup.

I owned Olympus for 4 years (2 bodies) and never had a single lockup.

I've had Nikon for a little over a year (2 bodies) and have had a single lockup (teleconverter issue).

Sure feels like a Fuji thing as someone that has shot a lot of different gear over the year. Fuji had the worst lag for playback (as described here) as well as the most frequent lock ups, which were relegated to the AF-C/max frame rate burst type action scenario, and clearly made worse by slower cards. It feels like a simple data overload issue which crashes/hangs the OS.

Dec 01, 2022 at 03:07 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fuji X-H2 problems

OK - Sincere question: What is a lockup? What happens when you experience a lockup? As far as I know, I've never had this happen, but I guess I don't know what it is.

Dec 01, 2022 at 03:40 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fuji X-H2 problems

Sharona wrote:
OK - Sincere question: What is a lockup? What happens when you experience a lockup? As far as I know, I've never had this happen, but I guess I don't know what it is.

The camera will freeze, no buttons work, sometimes the LCD/EVF work, sometimes they don't. You have to pull the battery to reboot the camera, and typically the last photo you took is not on the memory card. You'd know.

Dec 01, 2022 at 03:42 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fuji X-H2 problems

Well, I am lucky then. Never had this happen with my XH-1 or my XT-3. Unless I have and it never bothered me. I can't recall this happening.

Dec 01, 2022 at 04:04 PM
joyc

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fuji X-H2 problems

Sharona wrote:

You will know it if it happens😊

In my case, the screen was locked on digital zoom which I was only able to exit by removing the battery. Neither the on/off lever or any other button was responsive. It is possible I caused the problem by doing or not doing something when I tried to exit. I am working my way through the 400 page PDF instruction book. It's an amazing but complicated camera.

My XE-1, XT-1, and XT- 3 were a easier and without issue.

Dec 01, 2022 at 04:44 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password