Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Canon R7 L Plate options…

macentropist
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon R7 L Plate options…

If this is redundant forgive me. I would love to buy a Acra Swiss L plate for my R7, as of now i am using the generic Kirk small universal plate, and am not fond of it.
A google search has come up with nothing, even called Kirk, to no avail, but they did mention engineering is looking at it.

Anyone have any helpful ideas?

Regards,

Brian

Nov 25, 2022 at 04:58 PM
Jim McCann
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon R7 L Plate options…

There have been other threads about this fairly recently. I'm a fan of Really Right Stuff and they are now taking pre-orders for an R7 L-Plate, but it might take a while.

Nov 25, 2022 at 05:29 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon R7 L Plate options…

Besides Sunwayfoto, there are at least a couple other Chinese companies (Haoge?) selling fitted L-brackets on Amazon, as well as several arca compatible cages. I would not buy any of them since the L is not removable (limits LCD moment). The RRS bracket is pricey at $150 but you can buy the body plate separately for $80 if you're a video shooter or need LCD articulation. I was going to buy the RRS but, after a few months of using a generic Three Legged arca plate, I'm good. Works fine for video sliders and panning with such a tiny camera.

https://www.amazon.com/SUNWAYFOTO-L-Bracket-Canon-Swiss-Release/dp/B0BKRD3M1L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1KVJ1V5ZDIID0&keywords=Canon+R7+L+Plate&qid=1669420822&sprefix=%2Caps%2C692&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Nov 25, 2022 at 07:03 PM
macentropist
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon R7 L Plate options…

Gochugogi wrote:
Besides Sunwayfoto, there are at least a couple other Chinese companies (Haoge?) selling fitted L-brackets on Amazon, as well as several arca compatible cages. I would not buy any of them since the L is not removable (limits LCD moment). The RRS bracket is pricey at $150 but you can buy the body plate separately for $80 if you're a video shooter or need LCD articulation. I was going to buy the RRS but, after a few months of using a generic Three Legged arca plate, I'm good. Works fine for video sliders and panning with such a tiny camera.

https://www.amazon.com/SUNWAYFOTO-L-Bracket-Canon-Swiss-Release/dp/B0BKRD3M1L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1KVJ1V5ZDIID0&keywords=Canon+R7+L+Plate&qid=1669420822&sprefix=%2Caps%2C692&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Gochugogi,

Thank you I ordered the RRS base plate for my R7 at 80$, it is not currently available and no eta, but they sure charged my credit card immediately. Grrr.
The only plates i have ever ordered are either Kirk or RRS, both equal in quality as far as i am concerned, with a slight nod to RRS, which are always a tad more expensive.

I also ordered the base plate for my newish R6, also 80$, but that is available and shipping now.

Regards

Brian

Nov 25, 2022 at 08:19 PM
Jim McCann
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon R7 L Plate options…

FYI...My RRS L-plate for my R7 has shipped.

Dec 14, 2022 at 07:59 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.