New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Shutter speed and XH-2

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shutter speed and XH-2

I wonder if anyone can shed some light: today I took the rental to a lake to test it with a long lens so I could experience the crop- ability of the 40 mp sensor. Shooting in M mode, I could not get the shutter speed to go high enough. It was stuck between slow speeds like from 2 seconds to 1/60th. It was bright as blazes outside, and I had the ISO low, probably 100. Anyway, the shutter speed wasn't budging. (Just going from really slow to terribly slow.) The only way I could get it to meter properly was to shoot in aperture priority.

Anyone have a clue as to why this may have happened?

TIA

Nov 25, 2022 at 02:14 PM
JustShootMe
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shutter speed and XH-2

Sounds like bulb mode maybe ?

Nov 25, 2022 at 07:50 PM
Bill C

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shutter speed and XH-2

In M mode I setup the front and rear command dials to control shutter speed and aperture (with lens set to 'A'). Not sure what your specific issue could be but take a close look at the button dial setup.

Nov 25, 2022 at 08:12 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shutter speed and XH-2

I always reset rentals to factory settings. No telling what the previous renter did in the settings.

Nov 25, 2022 at 09:00 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shutter speed and XH-2

All good points. I'll try again today. I was definitely not in bulb mode, though. Thank you all!

I should add that I was using my Canon 100-400 with the Fringer Pro. Wonder if that messed with it? Can't see why, but...

Nov 26, 2022 at 07:39 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password