New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

best tripod head for 200-600mm?

ps09
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

Katana Jr. I use it with the 600 f4. The big katana is overkill for most lenses under 10#. I had the big Katana when I was shooting Nikon and the 12# 600f4. I switched to the junior when I switched to Sony. I had the WH200 prior to trying PMG and the katana is so much smoother in every way.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:15 PM
CJMiller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

As ps09 states above, the Katana Jr is a much better gimbal than the Wimberley. I also owned a WH200 before switching to the PMG. I've never had any issues shooting in winter weather as cold as -23F/-40F wind-chill.

Chris

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:34 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

ps09 wrote:
Katana Jr. I use it with the 600 f4. The big katana is overkill for most lenses under 10#. I had the big Katana when I was shooting Nikon and the 12# 600f4. I switched to the junior when I switched to Sony. I had the WH200 prior to trying PMG and the katana is so much smoother in every way.

This is the version, yes? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1298938-REG/promediagear_gkjr_katana_junior_jr_telephoto.html

Lost out on the only RRS Gimbal today on ebay, so the Katana seems to be the one to get

Nov 27, 2022 at 04:33 PM
tsdevine
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

That's the Katana Jr, it's what I have and what the others mentioned as well.

I keep it in this

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545385-REG/LensCoat_LCGPBK_Gimbal_Tripod_Head_Pouch.html

Doesn't offer a ton of protection, but it's better than nothing.

Dustin Gent wrote:
This is the version, yes? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1298938-REG/promediagear_gkjr_katana_junior_jr_telephoto.html

Lost out on the only RRS Gimbal today on ebay, so the Katana seems to be the one to get

Nov 27, 2022 at 05:11 PM
ps09
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

I got to know the guys at promedia after using their gear for years. I would never buy promediagear products from anyone other than them directly. The big box stores demand discounts from their vendors and control the pricing the vendor can charge. Just like Amazon. Buy direct from the source whenever you can at the same price and keep the big boxes from wetting their beak. Call PMG and ask to speak to Tom. He is an owner and he will talk you through everything you need, including their replacement foot for that 2-6. Nicest guy you'll ever speak to.

Nov 27, 2022 at 05:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

naturephoto1
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

Dustin Gent wrote:

ps09 wrote:
I got to know the guys at promedia after using their gear for years. I would never buy promediagear products from anyone other than them directly. The big box stores demand discounts from their vendors and control the pricing the vendor can charge. Just like Amazon. Buy direct from the source whenever you can at the same price and keep the big boxes from wetting their beak. Call PMG and ask to speak to Tom. He is an owner and he will talk you through everything you need, including their replacement foot for that 2-6. Nicest guy you'll ever speak
...Show more

Hi Dustin,

I have also dealt directly with Tom some years back soon after Promediagear started making product. Great to work with.

But, before making your purchase, at least look at this video about the Fotopro e-6h by Joe Brady, who has the lowest price available for the unit and where I purchased my copy:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1967666620023086

Rich

Nov 27, 2022 at 05:59 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

ps09 wrote:
I got to know the guys at promedia after using their gear for years. I would never buy promediagear products from anyone other than them directly. The big box stores demand discounts from their vendors and control the pricing the vendor can charge. Just like Amazon. Buy direct from the source whenever you can at the same price and keep the big boxes from wetting their beak. Call PMG and ask to speak to Tom. He is an owner and he will talk you through everything you need, including their replacement foot for that 2-6. Nicest guy you'll ever speak
...Show more

I LITERALLY just submitted my order from B&H just now. Dang. B&H has their black friday pricing right now that ends tonight. Stoked to try this out though!

Nov 27, 2022 at 05:59 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

Dustin Gent wrote:
I LITERALLY just submitted my order from B&H just now. Dang. B&H has their black friday pricing right now that ends tonight. Stoked to try this out though!

Hi Dustin,

If you still decide to get the Promediagear GKJr. Katana Pro, it is the same price from Promediagear with their 15% discount right now reducing from $649.95 to $552.46.

https://promediagear.com/collections/gimbal-heads/products/gkjr-katana-pro-gimbal-tripod-head

So, you could cancel the order with B&H and purchase directly from Promediagear/Tom.

Rich

Nov 27, 2022 at 06:25 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · best tripod head for 200-600mm?

I'm not sure how necessary a gimbal really is - I shoot my 200-600 hand-held 90% of the time. It's not like it's a heavy lens...

Nov 27, 2022 at 09:09 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password