Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

lukeiam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

I have been patiently waiting for years for the GFX to dip into the sub-$2000 range and I finally picked up a 50R. Very excited! I know it's not the latest, but I do still portraits, and have my Z for anything fast-moving.

In my D850 days I loved my ART 50. I'm happiest doing environmental portraits shots, sometimes wide-open without OCF (Octa) or stopped-down with flash. That said, what would people recommend, adapted or native, for a 45-50mm-ish FoV for portraits? The Fuji 63? The body I got will come with the Mitakon 65, but it made be hard for me to do MF -- we shall see.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:42 AM
leonasj
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

lukeiam wrote:
I have been patiently waiting for years for the GFX to dip into the sub-$2000 range and I finally picked up a 50R. Very excited! I know it's not the latest, but I do still portraits, and have my Z for anything fast-moving.

In my D850 days I loved my ART 50. I'm happiest doing environmental portraits shots, sometimes wide-open without OCF (Octa) or stopped-down with flash. That said, what would people recommend, adapted or native, for a 45-50mm-ish FoV for portraits? The Fuji 63? The body I got will come with the Mitakon 65, but it made be hard for
...Show more

i have for you on sale nice boken portrait lenses as takumars 50/4, 50/1.8,zenitar 50/1.7,zenit m2s 50/2,takumar 135/2.5 ,helios 44m-7,those lenses for bokeh outperforms any modern lense.pm

Nov 26, 2022 at 03:09 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

I won’t hit you up to buy my old lenses……

The 63 is excellent. The 80 is longer and faster and draws a bit nicer. The 110 is sublime but probably too long for you.

The Sigma Art 85 covers the whole sensor if you want silly shallow.

Gordon

Nov 26, 2022 at 03:30 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

leonasj wrote:
those lenses for bokeh outperforms any modern lense.

How does one "outperform" for bokeh? Bokeh is a subjective quality, not a measurable quantity.

Nov 26, 2022 at 03:50 PM
george malamis
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

If you don't want to adapt lenses the 50f3.5 is small and compact and can be found used for 5-700 on the buy and sell board. The GF35-70 is also on sale at the moment new for $500. I don't have the GF63 but that would be equivalent to 50mm on full frame and they are also on sale new and there's one of the buy and sell board too. The nice thing about mirrorless is you can adapt lenses fairly easily, and the fuji has a few fairly inexpensive native lens options as well.

Nov 26, 2022 at 07:24 PM
CKrueger
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

I’m using a Canon 70-200/4 right now, and aside from a bit of hard vignetting at times (depending on what the IBIS was doing), it performs well. The 70-200 (“58-160”) range is excellent for portraits.

I also just ordered a Nikon 58/1.4 and the Fringer NF-GFX adapter. It should be here next week, and I’m hoping that’ll be my end-all 50mm portrait lens (both on my GFX100S and Z9).

I do have a Minolta 58/1.4 as well, and while it’s very soft at f/1.4, it works well at f/2. It’s just manual focus, which is rough for me at 100mpixel!

Nov 26, 2022 at 09:59 PM
sputnik
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 50mm (equivalent) portrait lens for the GFX?

I think the 63 is one of the most under appreciated lenses out there. I like it and use it a lot. I also use the Nikkor 58G with the Steelsring adapter. That is one of my favourite lenses for 35mm, but works well for more artistic images on the bigger GFX sensor.

Nov 27, 2022 at 04:55 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.