New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Images Made with GF 20-35

ATPphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Images Made with GF 20-35

I'll start.

Both at Olympic Stadium, Montreal. Both shot at 20mm.

Edited on Nov 22, 2022 at 11:36 PM · View previous versions

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:02 AM
BirdsAndStars

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Images Made with GF 20-35

Wow - that perspective on Stade olympique is amazing. May I ask if that's SOOC / film sim?

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:07 AM
ATPphoto
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Images Made with GF 20-35

BirdsAndStars wrote:
Wow - that perspective on Stade olympique is amazing. May I ask if that's SOOC / film sim?

Thank you, but no, that's the result of a few gradient layers.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:06 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Images Made with GF 20-35

2nd shot what focal length and how much adjust in post processing to get it right (lines etc). I have 23mm and would like to try 20-35mm but then I am waiting for that 30mm TSe lens too.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:25 PM
ATPphoto
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Images Made with GF 20-35

bobby350z wrote:
2nd shot what focal length and how much adjust in post processing to get it right (lines etc). I have 23mm and would like to try 20-35mm but then I am waiting for that 30mm TSe lens too.

Both images shot at 20mm.
I did basic adjustments then added a color grading layer. For once, I didn't have to adjust the vertical or horizontal axes, I managed to shoot a straight photo. Lens profile applied automatically in LR.
I was waiting for the 30mm TS-E as well, but I've found that a view camera platform is a more versatile option. YMMV, of course.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:31 PM
Sauseschritt
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Images Made with GF 20-35

ATPphoto wrote:
[...] but I've found that a view camera platform is a more versatile option.

Thats probably uncontested. They're just right now absurdly expensive to use.

Maybe one day we'll have affordable 4x5 inch digital sensors and then the view camera is back.

Nov 23, 2022 at 08:23 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Images Made with GF 20-35

ATPphoto wrote:
Both images shot at 20mm.
I did basic adjustments then added a color grading layer. For once, I didn't have to adjust the vertical or horizontal axes, I managed to shoot a straight photo. Lens profile applied automatically in LR.
I was waiting for the 30mm TS-E as well, but I've found that a view camera platform is a more versatile option. YMMV, of course.

Are you referring to a traditional 4x5 inch film view camera or are you referring to something like a Cambo Actus or equivalent with the GFX parked at the back end of, or perhaps something more along the lines of an Alpa X/Y camera with a Phase or Hassy back attached?

Nov 23, 2022 at 09:17 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Images Made with GF 20-35

Sauseschritt wrote:

Maybe one day we'll have affordable 4x5 inch digital sensors and then the view camera is back.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that "not in our lifetime" is the correct answer here. All of the architectural and commercial photographers I know downsized to Phase backs and miniature view cameras or Alpa plate cameras years ago where the image quality, with few exceptions, far surpasses anything we used to get from large format film. We seem to have stalled out on max sensor size about twenty years ago with few signs of anything larger coming our way, or the commensurate lenses to go with. Everyone I know these days loves the fact that you can get large format quality in a much smaller and far more portable package than ever before.

Nov 23, 2022 at 09:23 AM
ATPphoto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Images Made with GF 20-35

Sauseschritt wrote:

---------------------------------------------

Peter Figen wrote:
Are you referring to a traditional 4x5 inch film view camera or are you referring to something like a Cambo Actus or equivalent with the GFX parked at the back end of, or perhaps something more along the lines of an Alpa X/Y camera with a Phase or Hassy back attached?

I've been using the Swebo TCS-20 camera, GFX version. Despite some annoying flaws, it does the job very nicely. I've also started working with the manufacturer to improve the camera, and a new version will be coming in the next few months.

See this post: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1780279

It's a relatively affordable option ($1400 for GFX model) with fully geared movements. The annoying design choices will all be gone with the next-generation model. For now, it's light, small and very portable, and I'm happy to put up with its flaws.

Attached is a photo of my architecture kit in a Nanuk 935.

Nov 23, 2022 at 09:44 AM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Images Made with GF 20-35

ATPphoto wrote:

Would like to know more about your setup. Did you buy Cambo Actus or that Swebo? Would appreciate more information.

Edited:- I see it is Swebo. I am also interested in that kind of setup but for now my 90mm TSE works pretty good. I am sure you get more movements with a dedicated setup. Here is one from playing the other day. At f2.8 I was able to get the plane of focus going all the way back. Should have then shot at f5.6 to increase the width of that focus zone.

20221120_Livermore_0020 by Vishi A, on Flickr

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:40 AM
ATPphoto
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Images Made with GF 20-35

I bought the Swebo TCS-20. I'm working with the manufacturer of the Swebo to improve the camera so that it works more fluidly. There are some things that need to be changed, namely the rear standard, as it is, has to go, and the camera adapter on the bellows needs an extension. There are about 15-20 other things that are minor, but they all matter in the final tally. A friend who tried the Swebo with his 50R found that he couldn't get the camera in portrait orientation. It works fine with my 50 SII, and I imagine, with a 100S. So these are the things that need fixing.
The kit, as it is now, is the Swebo camera with a GFX adapter and a Pentax 645 lens board.
My main lens is the Pentax 645 35/3.5, along with a 45-85/4.5 and a Pentax 67 105/2.4. The adapter board for the P67 lens is on the way.
The next Swebo, I hope, will function more like a Cambo Actus. I'd like to keep it simple in operation and design. This will probably drive up the price, but it won't be as expensive as a GFX Actus. So the current Swebo is a pretty good value, considering how well the geared movements work and how stable the body is.

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:50 AM
ATPphoto
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Images Made with GF 20-35

Beautiful shot, I especially like the depth provided by the selective focus.

Nov 23, 2022 at 01:43 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Images Made with GF 20-35

ATPphoto wrote:
Beautiful shot, I especially like the depth provided by the selective focus.

Thanks.

Nov 23, 2022 at 02:21 PM
envydd
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Images Made with GF 20-35

20-35 is a great travel lens.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52716550475_846959a984_k_d.jpg

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:13 AM
envydd
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Images Made with GF 20-35

20-35 on a golden hour coastal walk. West Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz, CA
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52601171096_e1e020833c_k_d.jpg

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:15 AM
aae991
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Images Made with GF 20-35

GFX100S and 20-35

Apalachicola bridge

Mar 26, 2023 at 01:54 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.