Steve

SteveSchulmanPhotography 2022

Fashionable Fun

Nov 22, 2022 at 08:10 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fashionable Fun

Gotta love those shoe laces that go with the outfit. And match the red car in the B/G....Well seen.

Nov 22, 2022 at 08:45 AM
eeneryma
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fashionable Fun

airfrogusmc wrote:
Gotta love those shoe laces that go with the outfit. And match the red car in the B/G....Well seen.

Thanks Allen. When I processed this photo, I thought maybe I took it on Halloween. As it turns out, it was taken on Nov. 9th, several weeks before Halloween. I guess he was breaking the costume in.

Steve

Nov 22, 2022 at 08:51 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fashionable Fun

Steve!
When I was in airborne training, we had a "prankster" of sorts that on our last qualifying jump used red laces on his jump boots!
Needless to say the jump master was NOT impressed!!!! HE made the GI remove his boots and JUMP!!!!! Geronimo!!!!!
I think he learned his lesson after that!
Great catch!!
Dan

Nov 22, 2022 at 10:36 AM
eeneryma
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fashionable Fun

Danpbphoto wrote:
Steve!
When I was in airborne training, we had a "prankster" of sorts that on our last qualifying jump used red laces on his jump boots!
Needless to say the jump master was NOT impressed!!!! HE made the GI remove his boots and JUMP!!!!! Geronimo!!!!!
I think he learned his lesson after that!
Great catch!!
Dan

Marine sergeants, from what I hear, donít often have a sense of humor. Geronimo!!!!
Steve

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:19 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fashionable Fun

When we were in boot camp someone in our platoon dropped his rifle. It wasn't pretty. We all paid while he stood and watch over an hour of intense PT. Needless to say there was a blanket party that night.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:27 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fashionable Fun

airfrogusmc wrote:
When we were in boot camp someone in our platoon dropped his rifle. It wasn't pretty. We all paid while he stood and watch over an hour of intense PT. Needless to say there was a blanket party that night.

Infantry military training is not for the faint of heart Marine! As you know!
1 person does something stupid or a mistake, the whole platoon pays!!

The DI's had no mercy!!!
S/F!
RD

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:33 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fashionable Fun

eeneryma wrote:
Marine sergeants, from what I hear, donít often have a sense of humor. Geronimo!!!!
Steve

You are 100% correct here Steve!!! Any Drill Instructor Sgt in any Infantry service...Their sense of humor was "what punishment can I inflict on him/them the worst"
But I must say you did learn a life's lesson.
Thanks!
Dan

Edited on Nov 23, 2022 at 02:06 PM · View previous versions

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:36 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fashionable Fun

USMC boot camp is not for the faint of heart. We started with 81 and graduated with 60.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:46 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fashionable Fun

airfrogusmc wrote:
USMC boot camp is not for the faint of heart. We started with 81 and graduated with 60.

Yeah boot camp was not a walk-in-the park_ but move on to Infantry AIT-Ranger School ? JWC(Jungle Warfare Center-Panama).....whole different set of "rules" Did you have a "fat boys platoon?" 1-2 more weeks of BCT!
S/F!
RD

Olde French Guard Towers Left on Lang Vei Night Defensive Perimeter

Nov 23, 2022 at 02:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fashionable Fun

When I was in boot camp they had PCP which was 30 days if you couldn't hack the runs., push ups and pull ups. 30 day dirt or motivation platoon for attitude problems, back to square one at the rifle range, if you didn't qualify. And go home or one of the other branches like the Navy if you went to PCP and still couldn't hack the physical fitness.

After boot camp I went to basic helicopter school and then on to the specific helo school. Then IIRC 100 flight hours as a first mech and then the tests to get my aircrew wings. About a year or so.

Something like force recon (Marine special forces) was 52 weeks of training. Jump school, scuba school, jungle and or desert training. Those guys were hard corps. Had to score a perfect PFT to even be considered for entrance. IIRC That was 20 pull ups, 18 minute 3 mile run and 80 situps in 2 minutes. Also had to be water survival qualified and had to be an expert marksman.

Nov 23, 2022 at 02:21 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fashionable Fun

airfrogusmc wrote:
When I was in boot camp they had PCP which was 30 days if you couldn't hack the runs., push ups and pull ups. 30 day dirt or motivation platoon for attitude problems, back to square one at the rifle range, if you didn't qualify. And go home or one of the other branches like the Navy if you went to PCP and still couldn't hack the physical fitness.

After boot camp I went to basic helicopter school and then on to the specific helo school. Then IIRC 100 flight hours as a first mech and then the tests to
...Show more

A helo jock eh Alln!
My team was the Marines "Force Recon" for Khe Sanh! Hill 882N&S!
You guyz saved my "six", and those of my team, on way too many occasions!
S/F!
RD

Nov 23, 2022 at 02:34 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fashionable Fun

Yeah I hear Khe Sanh was a real $h!t storm. Marines aren't trained to defend, It's not what we do. Having the Marines there defending was certainly not one of Westmoreland better decisions.

Thanks for your service brother.
Allen

Nov 23, 2022 at 02:58 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fashionable Fun

airfrogusmc wrote:
Yeah I hear Khe Sanh was a real $h!t storm. Marines aren't trained to defend, It's not what we do. Having the Marines there defending was certainly not one of Westmoreland better decisions.

Thanks for your service brother.
Allen

Sorry brother Hills 881 N&S.....Fat fingered!...Many "war stories" about this "op"(OP Niagara).
I was never a "Westy" fan. Gen Abrahms was far better.
S/F and Happy T-Day!
RD

Nov 24, 2022 at 09:57 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fashionable Fun

I do think in those days Army generals that were put in charge of the Marines tried to treat them like soldiers. Marines are not soldiers. Marines are not taught the same tactics and defending positions for extended periods of time are not what they are trained for. They are trained for attack and usually consisting of much smaller and agile forces than the Army. Both clearly have their place in the larger scheme of things. Another example of a poor job by an Army general using Marines was MacArthur and the battle of the Chosin Reservoir in Korea. The Marine General Smith disagreed with MacArthurs tactics. But chain of command and all he, being a good Marine followed MacArthurs orders.

Good night Chesty Puller, where ever you are. HOOOORAAAA!!

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:31 AM
eeneryma
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fashionable Fun

Danpbphoto wrote:
Sorry brother Hills 881 N&S.....Fat fingered!...Many "war stories" about this "op"(OP Niagara).
I was never a "Westy" fan. Gen Abrahms was far better.
S/F and Happy T-Day!
RD

For you Marines, here's a military hero who recently went above and beyond. A 15 year Army veteran and civilian, he went running toward danger and risked his own life to save others. Our military has many heroes, this is only one of them that I salute and say thank you to!

Steve

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/21/us/colorado-springs-shooting-club-q-hero.html

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:39 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fashionable Fun

eeneryma wrote:
For you Marines, here's a military hero who recently went above and beyond. A 15 year Army veteran and civilian, he went running toward danger and risked his own life to save others. Our military has many heroes, this is only one of them that I salute and say thank you to!

Steve

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/21/us/colorado-springs-shooting-club-q-hero.html

YES totally agree.

Nov 24, 2022 at 12:20 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fashionable Fun

I apologize for getting OT.
I will add a young boy/man, Marine, who could be called "the All American Boy". He was a friend to everyone! He was my neighbor, my friend, we served in Vietnam at the same time, he was an inspiration, married a still life long family girl friend. He was great at everything he did and way to humble too admit it.
He earned the Navy Cross but the CMH, Congressional Medal of Honor, was more than well deserved and earned. Maryland's spinless Senator would not pursue a recommendation to the CMH. Even though I was an Army grunt, my team provided Recon distractions for the Marine Operation Dewey Canyon where he was KIA. WE were to late! I still have the DE-classified Marine After-Action report of this operation. Very graphic!
https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=331

America was built on the bodies of all these brave men! Duty, Honor, Country.
Dan

PS...and by coincidence the 1st soldier buried at Arlington has the same name!

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:04 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fashionable Fun

Congrats on the photos being published Dan....Well done.
S/F
Allen

Nov 26, 2022 at 08:14 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fashionable Fun

Thank you brother! It took many many months knocking on doors to finally get Army approval.
I dont like blowing smoke up my six but this photojournalistic article on the 150th Anniversary of ANC, no matter who wrote it, sheds some light on the why's and who's of The Field of Stones!

I have another, more in depth, photo article, on the army security agency veterans website.
One has no idea of the famous people that served and now rest there.
S/F!
RD

Edited on Nov 26, 2022 at 10:46 AM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:09 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password