New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

nomenclature
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

Julianna Nicole is such a pro that it made my job easy; itís impossible to take a bad shot with a professional of her caliber. This was my first attempt at model photography.

Julianna Nicole

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:31 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

She is one INDEED beautiful woman!! At 75 she "awakens" all that has been asleep
The stars in her eyes is exceptional. As a viewer only her facial tones don't seem real. I am NOT stating this as a destructive comment but just as a view. Her beauty overcomes any and/or no flaws!!
You are 1 lucky guy!!
Dan

Nov 19, 2022 at 03:51 PM
nomenclature
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

Danpbphoto wrote:
She is one INDEED beautiful woman!! At 75 she "awakens" all that has been asleep
The stars in her eyes is exceptional. As a viewer only her facial tones don't seem real. I am NOT stating this as a destructive comment but just as a view. Her beauty overcomes any and/or no flaws!!
You are 1 lucky guy!!
Dan

Hello Dan, surprisingly, that photo was straight out of the camera (Sony A7RIV, shot with Sonyís 85mm GM lens). All I did was crop it. But as you noted, sheís stunning and a consummate professional and that made it almost too easy for me as a photographer.

Thanks for your kind words.

Nov 19, 2022 at 05:54 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

There have been several times in my career where a great model has made me a better photographer. It's a great feeling when you're aware of being in the middle of the situation. She is indeed striking. I would, however, like to see what happens if you nix the pink backlight.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:44 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

Peter Figen wrote:
There have been several times in my career where a great model has made me a better photographer. It's a great feeling when you're aware of being in the middle of the situation. She is indeed striking. I would, however, like to see what happens if you nix the pink backlight.

Peter with women color streaking their hair I thought she had done this on purpose.
Glad to know it was coming from a light! She is even more beautiful now!
Dan

Nov 20, 2022 at 09:05 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

I agree with Peter as well. I'm not sure of the purpose of the pink backlighting. To me, colored gels should be used with a purpose.

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:26 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

Not so sure about the catchlights either. It's different, so I guess it's cool or whatever, but to me, it draws attention to itself instead of to the eyes, which is the purpose of the catchlight.

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

nomenclature
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful replies and feedback. Itís appreciated!

Nov 20, 2022 at 03:16 PM
jasonmk73

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

I have to say that I dig the pink backlight. It's a little 80's, but I grew up in the 80's and it was pretty cool.

Nov 21, 2022 at 08:28 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

First attempt? Awesome. She is very attractive. The pink lighting IMO clashes with skin color and take away from her lips. Simply a tighter crop could all but eliminate most of the pink. The catchlights look like from an LED fingered light source?
I give you praise for this excellent image out of first attempt session!
Karl

Nov 22, 2022 at 09:06 PM
nomenclature
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

Karl Witt wrote:
First attempt? Awesome. She is very attractive. The pink lighting IMO clashes with skin color and take away from her lips. Simply a tighter crop could all but eliminate most of the pink. The catchlights look like from an LED fingered light source?
I give you praise for this excellent image out of first attempt session!
Karl

Karl,

Thanks for the excellent critique and observations. My eye for these things is virtually nonexistent; my background is in biochemistry, and a couple of other disparate disciplines! The catchlight in the eye is from what is called a Savage Star Light, which has five LED lights that can be spread out into a starfish type pattern.

Hereís a cropped version, but like my lack of ďeyeĒ for things photographic, I think Iím even worse when it comes to figuring out proper cropping.

Nov 22, 2022 at 09:29 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

This crop takes away the distracting pink backlighting, and it improves it immensely. I know you said this is straight out of camera, but esp when shooting headshots, I think cleaning up the skin is important. I don't mean turning her skin plastic. I simply mean using your healing brush to clean up the complexion. When you see a person like her in natural light, her face will look cleaner than this. The lighting highlights some parts of her complexion, and creates shadows, which in essence brings attention to it.

Nov 24, 2022 at 09:28 AM
nomenclature
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

friscoron,

Thanks for the helpful critique. I mostly shoot landscapes and cityscapes (not professionally, of course) and portrait shots are way out of my realm. So feedback like yours is very helpful since it helps me to ďseeĒ whatís needed for this particular type of photography. Now I have to figure out how to do what youíre suggesting!

Thanks again!

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:26 AM
davidchai

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · The inimitable Julianna Nicole - itís impossible to get a bad shot with her

Stunning girl and nice picture!

Nov 24, 2022 at 02:20 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password