Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Dayton AirShow premium $$ for Photo Pit located in a lousy location

schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dayton AirShow premium $$ for Photo Pit located in a lousy location

Having attended this show in the past I again opted to go last year. Definite a premium price for early access to the static displays on the tarmac and the flight line photo pit area, but as in past years the combination was IMO worth it. The flight line was where it needed to be in order to capture main events which are by design coordinated to take place at the runway mid field.

Well, to my surprise and many of my colleagues, the photo pit last year was moved to the far right end of the viewing area. This very poor photographic location significantly hindered the ability to capture peak performance. Many of those in the photo pit were dismayed and quite vocal about their displeasure having to shoot in what most called a lousy location. Obviously the CenterPoint Energy group who manages the show made the decision and didn't bother to inform those who purchased the premium passes. Huh, wonder why? So after they announced next year's show I decided to contact them and inquire about their intended photo pit location. I provided feedback referencing the disadvantage they put photographers in despite charging a premium for the package. As expected the response back was: "We thank you for your interest in our show. We do plan to keep the Photo Pit in the same spot as last year"

Needless to say, that ends my desire to attend. Already heard from others indicating the same.

Nov 19, 2022 at 09:04 AM
leewoolery
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dayton AirShow premium $$ for Photo Pit located in a lousy location

Dayton International Airport is 10 minutes away from me and last time I attended was in 1988.

I was looking to attend in 2021 but the cost of that pass is ridiculous and was going to just use my media credentials but decided it wasn't worth the time and effort fighting the traffic.

If I want to see static displays, the Air force Museum is a 1/2 hour away.

Nov 19, 2022 at 09:49 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dayton AirShow premium $$ for Photo Pit located in a lousy location

Media credentials will get you in vs the package $ but the photo pit and media credential area are right there together. Hard to believe they have taken the position that basically puts photogs as a second class citizens.

Nov 19, 2022 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.