New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

X-H2 vs. Z6II low light performance

Fivesense
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-H2 vs. Z6II low light performance

I'd be pleased for some commentary on what I can expect between the X-H2 vs. the Nikon Z6II for low light performance. I have a general sense of FX sensor mp gathering more light, but I'm curious about what the extra mp on the X-H2 will mean in comparison.

I've read about increased noise with increased mp, but I'm not sure what it all means at this point. So if I'm using my Z6II and an X-H2 side by side, with equivalent fast glass, what should I expect overall?

I suppose for kicks, it's worth dropping the X-H2S into the discussion as well...

Nov 18, 2022 at 09:34 PM
nikonos6
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-H2 vs. Z6II low light performance

You can find a good comparison tool on dpreview when going to the review parts of Fuji X-H2 or X-H2s.
I just did so - there you can compare on a test chart with lots of different details on various Iso values and you can also do either for RAW or Jpeg.
Nikon Z6 and Z6II are of course best regarding high iso , a little bit better than Sony a7 iv and quite a bit better than Fuji X-H2s and even more so than the X-H2 , which is the worst here.
When looking at Video it would be a very different picture then.

Nov 19, 2022 at 06:11 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-H2 vs. Z6II low light performance

I run Canon aps up to 6400 quite often and even 12800. How high are you going to go? I'd think ff is better but you can go pretty high on aps

Looking at the dpr tool is good, I definitely recommend it but it is a good idea to download and pp the files yourself as well. If the noise cleans up its not as big a deal if the smaller pixels have more if it. Also you can resize smaller.

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:00 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password