FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2022 · Killer deal on Delkin Power 512gb cards on B&H

EverLearning
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Killer deal on Delkin Power 512gb cards on B&H

jaredmizanin wrote:
Wait...why so excited for 128gb @ $123 when you missed 512gb @ $169? If it makes you feel any better, I missed the 512gb steal, too. 😳

I have no interest in 512GB cards, or even 256GB cards. I don't shoot video and won't. I shoot using cRAW so I get a substantial number of photos on one card even at 128GB. If I had a 512GB in the camera I would most likely fill it before changing it. More photos to be lost if there is a card failure/theft or camera theft or loss (water, cliffs, bridges, etc). Plus, when a card fills, it goes into a zipped pocket on my pants and when back at the hotel/ship/camper van, it gets backed up. If it was still in the camera, that might not happen (I try to be disciplined, but who knows).

Another thought that crossed my mind is would I be more inclined to shoot longer bursts or take liberal chances on lesser subjects "just in case" if I had a massive card in the camera. I don't know, but I have been making an effort to be more disciplined/picky in what I shoot because, after all, once home I have to cull through all those photos and culling is my absolute least favourite thing about photography (well that and the cost of cameras and lenses, but that's another story).

Dec 09, 2022 at 11:24 AM
okafoja
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Killer deal on Delkin Power 512gb cards on B&H

Damn it. I missed the deal.

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:04 PM
Silverwolf

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Killer deal on Delkin Power 512gb cards on B&H

That's exactly what I had to do on set one day. I needed a quick backup and used the extra 2tb card I had

Dec 16, 2022 at 04:21 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.