Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

My Canon scanner(9500II. LDEI70, NikonCoolscan 4000(which is EXCELLANT) and both printers(9000FII and 9500II) wont work with Windows 10 or 11 no matter WHAT the "web sez".
I dont' want to spend a big bundle for a new one but what do you recommend? But want quality. Advanced photographer skill set. DONT PRINT OFTEN. But many slide to digital files needed...USERS ONLY RESPOND PLEASE!.

I JUST WANT THE SCANNER!!! NO FAX,Copy>>>>>>>> Weeding thru the "on line reviews" is crap"!
Thanks Dan

PS ..will be happy to swap all I have pre Winows 10 for Wind 10.

Edited on Nov 18, 2022 at 11:16 AM · View previous versions

Nov 17, 2022 at 02:26 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Don't remember what my scanner is cause I haven't used it in 6 years but it was mainly for negatives, pictures and had an attachment for slides. Now a days it's all one package deal where as I'm betting you just want a scanner and that's it. Printing is a pain unless you do it all the time and keep up with it. Good luck Dan.

Nov 17, 2022 at 02:53 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Bill Gass wrote:
Don't remember what my scanner is cause I haven't used it in 6 years but it was mainly for negatives, pictures and had an attachment for slides. Now a days it's all one package deal where as I'm betting you just want a scanner and that's it. Printing is a pain unless you do it all the time and keep up with it. Good luck Dan.

Yeah it is Bill!
An olde military friend wanted a copy of a slide.
I spent 2-3 hours frickin around only to send him a very olde jpeg file I converted many years ago.
I sitll have an XP and Win7 computer but they are dying or in the process there of.

I see I am getting dyslectic also in my mind to keyboard association.

Nov 17, 2022 at 02:58 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Brother Dan, check your PM

Nov 17, 2022 at 04:09 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Got it brother!
Working on the "connection"!
Thnaks!
S/F!
RD

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:14 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Bill Gass wrote:

You are correct Bill!
I stopped printing about 10 or more years ago but my wife wanted a particular photo printed and unclogging the nozzles used up 90% of the ink. Ended up going to a pro to have it done.
The a military friend wanted a copy of a slide from 1968-69..I finally got my odle Win7 up and sent him the file, But I have "tons" of olde slides from Crater Lake when I worked there and from the Grants Pass area where I lived.

But I do do some scanning for ID purposes and such.
Thanks!
RD

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:21 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Ok, well good luck Dan.
You can always get some stores or photo shops to scan them as well for you.
Dam printer nozzles and such, been there done that...Costco is my printing buddy.
And Happy Thanksgiving-

Nov 22, 2022 at 01:35 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Scanner for Slides and Negatives?

Yes I realize that Bill. I need a scanner for projects where certain materials are for "your eyes only".
I used to print a lot. No so any more!

Have a great Thanksgiving Bill!
RD

Nov 23, 2022 at 11:12 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.