New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Concourse in B&W

pbraymond
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Concourse in B&W

All C&C appreciated. Especially interested in how you might play with the tones.

https://www.pbraymond.com/img/s/v-10/p281100920-5.jpg

Nov 16, 2022 at 07:50 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Concourse in B&W

Your processing really emphasizes the leading lines and tunnel effect. What is equally interesting to me is the contrast between the stark geometric shapes and the organic shapes of the floor. I tried to tone down the tunnel effect and add more emphasis to the shapes on the floor. I darkened the image in an attempt to add a bit of mood. I could see going even much darker depending on your message.

Nov 16, 2022 at 08:29 AM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Concourse in B&W

Camperjim wrote:
Your processing really emphasizes the leading lines and tunnel effect. What is equally interesting to me is the contrast between the stark geometric shapes and the organic shapes of the floor. I tried to tone down the tunnel effect and add more emphasis to the shapes on the floor. I darkened the image in an attempt to add a bit of mood. I could see going even much darker depending on your message.

I like what you did here, precisely the kind of response I was looking for, thank you. I left the highlights at the windows almost blown out because that was the feel I was going for, I'm amazed at the detail you managed to salvage out of that from just a screen save. I definitely like how your processing brought out the organic shapes of the floor. I'm pretty sure my next version will include that improvement.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:14 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Concourse in B&W

Lots of elements involved in this one ... the man, the oval windows, the floor pattern, the shop at the end, the cross lighting from the large windows, the ceiling expanse, etc.. Just kinda depends on which of those elements you want to draw attention to, as to how you flavor it.

You can try to draw / balance the elements, or you could go strongly to accentuate one, to the reduction of the others. Looks like your histo has plenty of room above / below to move your black / white points if you want.

Nov 19, 2022 at 01:05 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.