Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
  

Archive 2022 · More From the Garden with new Lens

  
 
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Got a new 70-200 f/2.8 lens. Having lots of fun with it in the garden.

All but the feather were taken with the 70-200.

As always, I really appreciate your input and comments.

Thanks so much for taking your time to look.

Hope you enjoy,

Birdie






1

  ILCE-7RM4    FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens    100mm    f/3.5    1/800s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  






2

  ILCE-9    FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    280mm    f/4.0    1/4000s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






3

  ILCE-9    182mm    f/5.6    1/4000s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






4

  ILCE-7RM4    FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens    200mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    640 ISO    -0.7 EV  






5

  ILCE-9    FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens    200mm    f/5.6    1/4000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






6

  ILCE-7RM4    FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens    200mm    f/3.5    1/640s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  






7

  ILCE-7RM4    FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS lens    90mm    f/11.0    1/3s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  






8

  ILCE-9    200mm    f/2.8    1/5000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  




Nov 12, 2022 at 02:15 PM
jaylee73
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Wow, those are super images. #1 is my top pic.
I'm always enjoy the art you create and display on this forum.
Jason



Nov 12, 2022 at 02:46 PM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · More From the Garden with new Lens


This is a stunning set Roberta. There is nothing like new gear to motivate. 1, 3, 5 and 8 are my top picks.

Morris



Nov 12, 2022 at 03:15 PM
G.E. Smith
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Beautiful !

Greg



Nov 12, 2022 at 03:18 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Jaw-dropping images, uh, master pieces, Birdie! I really enjoy the entire set.

Joshua



Nov 12, 2022 at 03:52 PM
johnohio
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Scrolling thru the comments: Wow, super images, stunning, Beautiful, jaw dropping, master pieces !! Not much to add except 100 %. accurate !!!

John



Nov 12, 2022 at 04:08 PM
quigsby
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · More From the Garden with new Lens


yep



Nov 12, 2022 at 04:20 PM
Photog Guy
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Glad you are enjoying your new lens! Great pics as always!
Phil



Nov 12, 2022 at 04:59 PM
YEG-Photog
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Super nice, Roberta.


Nov 12, 2022 at 05:49 PM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Not a chance the lens will make your work look better but there is about a 100% chance you will make that lens look good
I will say the feather is really a knockout looker, sweet image!

I don't know how you manage to get those Hover Flies in flight, l like both comps with them as well Now #4 is eye candy for me. Is that a Passion flower? I've not seen one that color and it is stunningly beautiful!
Lovely set, B-flys and Bees all look great
Karl



Nov 12, 2022 at 06:08 PM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · More From the Garden with new Lens


beautifully done, Birdie. love them. voted.


Nov 12, 2022 at 08:47 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · More From the Garden with new Lens


jaylee73 wrote:
Wow, those are super images. #1 is my top pic.
I'm always enjoy the art you create and display on this forum.
Jason


Thank you so much Jason. I really appreciate the kind words.

---------------------------------------------

morris wrote:
This is a stunning set Roberta. There is nothing like new gear to motivate. 1, 3, 5 and 8 are my top picks.

Morris


Much appreciated Morris. You are right about new gear motivating one.
---------------------------------------------

G.E. Smith wrote:
Beautiful !

Greg


Thank you Greg!

---------------------------------------------

AGeoJO wrote:
Jaw-dropping images, uh, master pieces, Birdie! I really enjoy the entire set.

Joshua


Joshua, you are very kind. thank you

---------------------------------------------

johnohio wrote:
Scrolling thru the comments: Wow, super images, stunning, Beautiful, jaw dropping, master pieces !! Not much to add except 100 %. accurate !!!

John


😀. Thanks so much John.

---------------------------------------------

quigsby wrote:
yep


Thank you

---------------------------------------------

Photog Guy wrote:
Glad you are enjoying your new lens! Great pics as always!
Phil


Thanks Phil!

---------------------------------------------

YEG-Photog wrote:
Super nice, Roberta.


Appreciate it , thanks
---------------------------------------------

Karl Witt wrote:
Not a chance the lens will make your work look better but there is about a 100% chance you will make that lens look good
I will say the feather is really a knockout looker, sweet image!

I don't know how you manage to get those Hover Flies in flight, l like both comps with them as well Now #4 is eye candy for me. Is that a Passion flower? I've not seen one that color and it is stunningly beautiful!
Lovely set, B-flys and Bees all look great
Karl


Karl, you say the nicest things . Thank you.

Yes, that is a red passion flower .

Birdie



Nov 13, 2022 at 01:47 PM
dj_hess
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · More From the Garden with new Lens


These are very nice Birdie. My favorites are #3 and #5. How are you liking the 70-200? I've been thinking of getting the mkII version.

Dave



Nov 13, 2022 at 10:17 PM
dclark
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Terrific images! My favorites are 1 through 8.
I admire the way you capture Bugs-In-Flight.

Dave



Nov 14, 2022 at 04:29 PM
sparadise
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Great stuff Birdied. I bought the V2 about 6 months ago and it's great. Lightest of of the 70-200 2.8's on the market


Nov 14, 2022 at 05:14 PM
Wade Mortenson
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Outstanding, you are almost getting macro pics with that lens. Thank you for sharing.


Nov 14, 2022 at 05:25 PM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Beautiful work Roberta , lovely detail, and masterful light Your butterflies are super, and I love the blue flower in #1

Dave



Nov 14, 2022 at 07:46 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · More From the Garden with new Lens


kdacharya wrote:
beautifully done, Birdie. love them. voted.

Greatly appreciate KD, thank you.
---------------------------------------------

dj_hess wrote:
These are very nice Birdie. My favorites are #3 and #5. How are you liking the 70-200? I've been thinking of getting the mkII version.

Dave


Thanks Dave. I am really enjoying the lens. Love the weight , the DMF ring and everything else

---------------------------------------------

dclark wrote:
Terrific images! My favorites are 1 through 8.
I admire the way you capture Bugs-In-Flight.

Dave


Dave , you are too kind, thank you. As to the bo]Gus in flight, lots of missed shots. However, the DMF ring is helping.

---------------------------------------------

sparadise wrote:
Great stuff Birdied. I bought the V2 about 6 months ago and it's great. Lightest of of the 70-200 2.8's on the market


Thanks ! I really like this lens !

Birdie



Nov 15, 2022 at 02:04 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Wade Mortenson wrote:
Outstanding, you are almost getting macro pics with that lens. Thank you for sharing.


Thank you. Yes the lens seems very versatile. Might add a couple of extension tubes and see what happens.

---------------------------------------------

Dave_E wrote:
Beautiful work Roberta , lovely detail, and masterful light Your butterflies are super, and I love the blue flower in #1

Dave


Thank you very much Dave, greatly appreciated.

Birdie




Nov 18, 2022 at 10:25 AM
Tollefsen
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · More From the Garden with new Lens


Really like all of them, but the first!


Nov 18, 2022 at 12:14 PM
       2       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.