FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Kirkjufell Mountain

keepclicking
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kirkjufell Mountain

Kirkjufell or 'Church Mountain' is a 463 m high hill on the north coast of Iceland's Snæfellsnes peninsula, near the town of Grundarfjörður. It is claimed to be the most photographed mountain in the country. These photographs were taken an hour before midnight sunset. I got to the Kirkjufell to capture the famous Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall with Kirkjufell in the background. There were at least 20 photographers lined up, I didn’t find a spot I would have liked. I found a little spot at higher ground but my location was bad since the sun was still a bit high. I walked down a little and decided to photograph the mountain itself. Getting lower helped block the sun and was able to capture the light hitting Kirkjufell. After capturing first image I got back into my car and drove to the other side of the Kirkjufell mountain to get a completely different view of Kirkjufell. Finally returned back to original spot to capture the waterfall with Kirkjufell in the backdrop. I will post that image later.

Thanks for taking the time to view and welcome all CC

Kirkjufell Mountain

Kirkjufell Mountain baked in sunlight

Edited on Nov 12, 2022 at 11:28 AM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2022 at 05:18 PM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kirkjufell Mountain

Nice composition for the beautiful nature from far distance land

Nov 11, 2022 at 08:53 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kirkjufell Mountain

I think you chose two different and engaging perspectives on this iconic mountain. Lighting is beautiful. You were freed of the crowds. Color and detail look great and I love the smoothed water in the first.

Scott

Nov 12, 2022 at 11:03 AM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kirkjufell Mountain

junglialoh wrote:
Nice composition for the beautiful nature from far distance land

Thanks Jung, it is definitely a beautiful location.
---------------------------------------------

sbeme wrote:
I think you chose two different and engaging perspectives on this iconic mountain. Lighting is beautiful. You were freed of the crowds. Color and detail look great and I love the smoothed water in the first.

Scott

Thanks Scott! Yes, this is an iconic location and there were just too many folks wanting to get the waterfall pictures with the mountain (definitely don't blame them). In order to avoid the sunlight coming from top one had to get a little lower and there is only room for few people. Also, I didn't want to take any chances of fall. The side view of Kirkjufell was really amazing and I wanted to get a bit closer to the mountain along the path in image but after few yards it seem like it was too muddy so just shot the image from far. I did go back at sunset to Kirkjufell and will post those images later.

Nov 16, 2022 at 11:49 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kirkjufell Mountain

Parul,

Fine work. Not spectacular, but solid images both. I can just feel the summer night's air in these.

Nov 19, 2022 at 03:21 AM
Starfire8
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kirkjufell Mountain

Very nice images. I love the light as it reflects off of the peak in the first image!

David

Nov 19, 2022 at 08:03 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kirkjufell Mountain

My choice is the first one. nicely done.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:45 PM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Kirkjufell Mountain

Wonderful images. #2 for me.

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:22 PM
jmcfadden
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Kirkjufell Mountain

strange landscape and very nice images of them

j

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:58 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Kirkjufell Mountain

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Parul,

Fine work. Not spectacular, but solid images both. I can just feel the summer night's air in these.

Thanks Rajan, without the clouds and colors the image doesn't stand out but the light on the side was special. Glad you felt the summer night feeling.

Starfire8 wrote:
Very nice images. I love the light as it reflects off of the peak in the first image!

David

Thanks David, this is a very special location and there are some great images to be made here.

kdacharya wrote:
My choice is the first one. nicely done.

Thanks KD

DaleBerlin wrote:
Wonderful images. #2 for me.

Thanks DaleBerlin, the #2 image was very unique due to how different the iconic mountain looks, its texture, and the light.

jmcfadden wrote:
strange landscape and very nice images of them

j

Thanks and agree that Iceland really have some strange landscapes. Beautiful country from every aspect.

Nov 23, 2022 at 01:53 PM
JayGilmour

[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Kirkjufell Mountain

What a beautiful scene you have captured! Love the mood and drama in the first two. Thanks for sharing 👍🏻

Nov 24, 2022 at 07:43 AM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Kirkjufell Mountain

JayGilmour wrote:
What a beautiful scene you have captured! Love the mood and drama in the first two. Thanks for sharing 👍🏻

Thanks Jay, glad you enjoyed the image. With little bit more clouds it could have added more to the image. I still enjoyed being there and witnessing the scene.

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:31 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.