Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Sandhill Cranes return

  
 
Bobg657
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sandhill Cranes return


Beautiful images from a new site for many of us!

YGMV
Bob



Nov 11, 2022 at 04:19 PM
cohenfive
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sandhill Cranes return


Great set of images. I love seeing the cranes when they come to the central valley of northern CA. Saw some this week, but nothing like the thousands you will see.


Nov 11, 2022 at 04:52 PM
pinball
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sandhill Cranes return


Great shots



Bill



Nov 11, 2022 at 05:14 PM
shredder1656
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sandhill Cranes return


Beautiful!


Nov 11, 2022 at 05:45 PM
quigsby
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sandhill Cranes return


For anyone interested in checking out the Indiana Sandhill Cranes. This is always one of my fall and early winter go to spots. View one of Indiana's greatest wildlife spectacles at Jasper-Pulaski Fish & Wildlife Area. Each fall, thousands of Sandhill Cranes visit the area's shallow marshes from mid-October through mid-December. Crane numbers peak in late November or early December. This website gives you the latest crane count. https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/properties/jasper-pulaski-fwa/sandhill-cranes/


Nov 12, 2022 at 12:33 PM
Woodyg3
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sandhill Cranes return


I have a deep affection for Sandhill Cranes. Great shots!



Nov 12, 2022 at 03:19 PM
MorrieC
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sandhill Cranes return


Great set of photos. Love the action shots.



Nov 15, 2022 at 01:37 PM
johnohio
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sandhill Cranes return


Well done images.

John



Nov 15, 2022 at 09:11 PM
Dave_E
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sandhill Cranes return


A lovely set of images Michael.

Dave



Nov 16, 2022 at 03:56 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

dclark
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sandhill Cranes return


quigsby wrote:
For anyone interested in checking out the Indiana Sandhill Cranes. This is always one of my fall and early winter go to spots. View one of Indiana's greatest wildlife spectacles at Jasper-Pulaski Fish & Wildlife Area. Each fall, thousands of Sandhill Cranes visit the area's shallow marshes from mid-October through mid-December. Crane numbers peak in late November or early December. This website gives you the latest crane count. https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/properties/jasper-pulaski-fwa/sandhill-cranes/


Congratulations on your FTOW win. Excellent post!
Thanks for the link. Are they migrating further south when they stop in Indiana?



Nov 18, 2022 at 09:39 PM
quigsby
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Sandhill Cranes return


dclark wrote:
Congratulations on your FTOW win. Excellent post!
Thanks for the link. Are they migrating further south when they stop in Indiana?


Thanks Dave, yes they are migrating further. This group will go further south to Florida



Nov 19, 2022 at 06:48 AM
Jim Dockery
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Sandhill Cranes return


Great set. #4 for me. I think I'd have to wear ear plugs if the whole gang was there!


Nov 19, 2022 at 08:06 AM
Photog Guy
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Sandhill Cranes return


Congrats on the win. Great Series. The cranes are starting to arrive at the local refuge now. We have quite a few winter at the Wheeler Wildlife Refuge so I hope to get some shots soon.
Phil



Nov 20, 2022 at 07:14 AM
Cincy Bruce
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Sandhill Cranes return


Great set! And, yes Indiana is a hotspot for the last 8 to 9 years. Brookville Lake gets about 3,000, and they can be found along highway 50 from Lawrenceburg to Seymour.

Bruce



Nov 24, 2022 at 02:37 PM
dvilfer
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Sandhill Cranes return


These are some of the best sandhill crane shots I have seen! Well done!

Don



Nov 24, 2022 at 03:00 PM
Cincy Bruce
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Sandhill Cranes return


There is a little town on the outskirts of Brownstown, Indiana called Ewing. There is a square of county roads that make up the bottoms. The farmers leave a small percentage of their crop standing to attract the sandhill crane. 10 years ago they had big numbers (20,000+), but the last couple of years we have spotted 3,000-5,000. Ewing Bottoms is a bit farther drive for fewer sandhill, but I can get closer shots.

Bruce



Nov 27, 2022 at 07:04 AM
racoll
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Sandhill Cranes return


Cincy Bruce wrote:
There is a little town on the outskirts of Brownstown, Indiana called Ewing. There is a square of county roads that make up the bottoms. The farmers leave a small percentage of their crop standing to attract the sandhill crane. 10 years ago they had big numbers (20,000+), but the last couple of years we have spotted 3,000-5,000. Ewing Bottoms is a bit farther drive for fewer sandhill, but I can get closer shots.

Bruce


That's good to know, thanks! We actually live about 30 minutes from Jasper-Pulaski and saw hundreds of them circling in the air yesterday. The sound of their calls is music to the ears if you love shooting BIF. Loud music! It's a great place to shoot the cranes as well as other wildlife.

Andy



Nov 27, 2022 at 08:16 AM
Ted ellis
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Sandhill Cranes return


A terrific series and great IQ.


Nov 27, 2022 at 08:26 AM
1      
2
       end






FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password