Same as what?

Same as the jacket the OP started this thread about:

https://youtu.be/v2dZR-zpgxU

Nov 04, 2022 at 04:37 PM
khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5 in 1 Winter Photo Jacket

This is something I may have looked at 15-20 years ago.

Backn than, I bought a gitzo 4 season jacket and the original Canada goose photographer jackets (back in 2007, Canada goose’s prices have doubled since than.

Main attraction for both was the bigger pockets- the gitzo was well thought out in its design and had some features that were helpful, but didn’t breathe that well.

The Canada goose was basically a shell jacket and their lodge jacket.

Both actually looked good and were functional - but really overpriced. Canada Goose has a new photographers jacket that is so ugly I wouldn’t be caught dead in it, along with being ridiculously priced.

I occasionally use the Gitzo still in shoulder seasons. But otherwise, stick with shell jackets with large pockets and layers. In the summers a SCOTTEVEST does the job, and in the winter when I’m going to be lying on a frozen lake waiting for sunrise or sunset, a Canada goose parka does the job.

No need to be a specific photographers jacket. Bags, hell yeah. Always looking for something that is lighter, or allows for being ready to shoot. Jacket, not so much. Enough options out there, without needing a specific “photographers” jacket.

Nov 06, 2022 at 01:46 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5 in 1 Winter Photo Jacket

Looks nice. Good for him in putting out a product that seems to be filling a need.

In looking, can't find information on what the interior jackets/liners are made of.
Can't deal with Polyester - the static electricity is a real killer.

Notice the nice fit for slim and fit types. Maybe he should try one for more "portly" photo enthusiasts?

Nov 07, 2022 at 09:47 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5 in 1 Winter Photo Jacket

Let’s face the reality, This is just another rehash of the past. Nothing really new that makes a difference at all.

I have relative setups made from easily replaced with greater variable use options for years.

Nov 08, 2022 at 12:54 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.