FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2022 · Is this a scam?

sithbk
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Is this a scam?

Aloha all,

This was a painful experience for my friend and I. Being the person who suggested to voice808 about Fredmiranda.com quality of sellers and buyers. Never thought my friend first buying experience would turn out to be a scammed. I should have been the person to do his communication for him but I wanted voice808 to build up his feedback. We learn new things everyday but unfortunately it was a very expensive one.

It goes to show everyone to be extra diligent now that there are more scammers everywhere.

I want to thank Jonathan for helping on the matter, deep dive into this situation and finally shed the light into a scam scheme.

This scammer may got money from my friend but Karma will hit him/her 10 fold.

Oct 27, 2022 at 03:34 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Is this a scam?

YumMango wrote:
...This process is easier if your forum name is associated with your email elsewhere and a search engine can reveal this email.

Sure, but many honest people, as well as probably all nefarious folks, want to be anonymous. Any attempt to enforce some kind of relationship between a member's name and email address would end up with matching but (mostly) bogus usernames and emails. A similar effort to verify real names and make people use them, would probably result in many honest people leaving the platform.

In the end, all you have is (i) be careful and (ii) use an insured form of payment; typically PayPal (for an item) or a protected credit card.

Oct 28, 2022 at 06:37 AM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.