Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Mac Ventura is out

  
 
Zenon Char
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Mac Ventura is out


I just looked for mail Preferences and not there. I set rules up to automatically delete emails from the 20 rich uncles I have all over the world that have left me millions. It looks like Ventura has renamed that to Settings for that and everything else.


Nov 01, 2022 at 10:37 AM
jimmy462
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Mac Ventura is out


Well, it's official now, Apple just published their official RAW support list yesterday (dated Nov. 1, 2022)...

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS Ventura - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-mide/HT213267

...and there's no native RAW support in Ventura for the following cameras released since Monterey last year (alphabetical by manufacturer this time)...

Fujifilm X-H2, X-H2S, GFX 50S II, X-T30 II
Hasselblad X2D 100C
Leica M11
Nikon Z30
Olympus Pen E-P7
OM System OM-5
Panasonic GH6, BS-1H
Ricoh GR IIIX
Sony ZV-1F, FX-30, ZV-E10. a7R V


...which jibes with the Ventura/Monterey RAW list comparison provided earlier in this thread.



Nov 02, 2022 at 04:53 AM
Zenon Char
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Mac Ventura is out


They also moved Time Machine. It's now in the General page. Here is a list of whats in General.







Nov 02, 2022 at 06:06 AM
James Farrell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Mac Ventura is out


jimmy462 wrote:
Well, it's official now, Apple just published their official RAW support list yesterday (dated Nov. 1, 2022)...

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS Ventura - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-mide/HT213267 ....


Interesting to note the Nikon Z9 is not listed as supported in any raw format in the list that you provided the link for ...



Nov 02, 2022 at 11:47 AM
jimmy462
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Mac Ventura is out


James Farrell wrote:
Interesting to note the Nikon Z9 is not listed as supported in any raw format in the list that you provided the link for ...


Hi James,

Thanks for noticing that discrepancy between the actual Ventura install camera list and what Apple published.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the Ventura information I worked off of for my posts was an actual copy/paste list courtesy of our OP. I did write our OP asking for a screenshot of the System Information > Raw Support panel highlighting the Z9 entry, fingers crossed that they'll post to this thread.
___________________

Errata corrected in original post...

<<
Sep 9th - Ricoh GR IIIx NO - Note: No Ricoh Camera RAW support in MacOS***This information incorrect, Ricoh GR, GR II, GR III RAW support found under Pentax Ricoh listing for M&V
>>

JG



Nov 02, 2022 at 04:19 PM
Zenon Char
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Mac Ventura is out


Jimmy asked me to post a screen shot of the Z9 which is supported.

Ventura - System Report - RAW support.









Nov 02, 2022 at 04:39 PM
jimmy462
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Mac Ventura is out


Zenon Char wrote:
Jimmy asked me to post a screen shot of the Z9 which is supported.

Ventura - System Report - RAW support.



Thanks Zenon, perhaps Apple has some housekeeping to do to get their support page up-to-date?

Also, if there's a Z9 user here on FM that's running Ventura I'd be curious if they can verify whether their RAW files open in Apple's Photos or Preview programs? I ask as I'm currently in a dialog with another Ventura user on another forum that is reporting that their Sony ILCE-7M4 RAW files are not supported on their install despite both Apple's support page and the Ventura Raw Support list saying otherwise.



Nov 02, 2022 at 04:56 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

James Farrell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Mac Ventura is out


jimmy462 wrote:
Thanks Zenon, perhaps Apple has some housekeeping to do to get their support page up-to-date?

Also, if there's a Z9 user here on FM that's running Ventura I'd be curious if they can verify whether their RAW files open in Apple's Photos or Preview programs? I ask as I'm currently in a dialog with another Ventura user on another forum that is reporting that their Sony ILCE-7M4 RAW files are not supported on their install despite both Apple's support page and the Ventura Raw Support list saying otherwise.


Thanks to you, Jimmy and Zenon for updating. Yes, I am a Z9 user and Yes, I have a M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.0 and Yes, I can see Z9 raw file thumbnails in Finder. Moreover, they are the HE* high efficiency raws. So Apple's list is indeed wrong. Nice to get this mystery solved. >> Jim



Nov 02, 2022 at 05:40 PM
jimmy462
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Mac Ventura is out


James Farrell wrote:
Thanks to you, Jimmy and Zenon for updating. Yes, I am a Z9 user and Yes, I have a M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.0 and Yes, I can see Z9 raw file thumbnails in Finder. Moreover, they are the HE* high efficiency raws. So Apple's list is indeed wrong. Nice to get this mystery solved. >> Jim


Well, how's that for a bit of convenience?! Ha! Glad to read that the Z9 RAW support is real, thanks for reporting on that!

I'm not sure what to make of the doings over in Cupertino these days...your Z9, released last year in October, somehow gets an interim and undocumented RAW support update with MacOS, while shooters of other manufacturers (but not all) still have to sit-it-out on the bench. A far cry from back in my "Guy Kawasaki/Mac Evangelist" posting days where we users knew that "word" could make into the mothership and at least stand a chance to maybe get some attention. Well, IMO.



Nov 03, 2022 at 05:19 AM
schlotz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Mac Ventura is out


For those leery, I ran across this gem direct on Adobe's site. Scroll down to Lightroom then click on known issues.
Sure am glad I'n not an early adopter. Woah, can't backup to a network cause if you try the catalog won't backup.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-ventura-compatability-common-issues.html?clickref=1011lwhGoHtK&mv=affiliate&mv2=pz&as_camptype=&as_channel=affiliate&as_source=partnerize&as_campaign=lightroomqueen



Nov 03, 2022 at 07:54 AM
PIOK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Mac Ventura is out


I think I have some issues with iOS Ventura and SanDisk SSD Drives
When I move something from SSD to trash and I try to empty trash, it shows me something like "this operation could not be completed because the item "file folder I want to delete " is in use .. Is like this for many minutes

This make me crazy and I almost damage one of my SSD ( at least needed format and could not connect on 3 computers )
Can't find anything on google



Nov 17, 2022 at 05:45 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Mac Ventura is out


The more often both Apple and Adobe bring out upgrades, the more money they make.

Both of them have the arrogance to decide what it is best to change for everyone. If they believe that B is better than A, they change it toB. God forbid they should allow their customers to have the option to use either or both.

The latest version of Photoshop certainly can do a lot more things than CS6, but is so much more difficult to navigate. I used to recommend Photoshop to those wishing to learn post-processing, but I certainly would not do that with the latest version.



Nov 20, 2022 at 02:46 AM
AnnJS
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Mac Ventura is out


I don't have a Z9 but use a Nikon D5 and Apple's Preview running on Ventura can open and display my NEFs.
Apple's Pictures seems able to display images from an iPad and, presumably, iPhones too.

I don't normally use Apple's imaging products but use Adobe's products (including Photoshop, Bridge and ACR 2023) and those apps. all handle my NEFs on Ventura.

If it's any encouragement, I have not run into any software that I use which has any problems in running on Ventura.



Nov 20, 2022 at 06:19 PM
rrwingnut
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Mac Ventura is out


Peter Figen wrote:
And to anyone still using Drobo's, the word is that they will not be updating drivers for the new Mac OS.


So my Drobo won't work on Ventura😕😕😕



Nov 21, 2022 at 06:15 PM
1      
2
       end






FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password