Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
       10       end

Archive 2022 · Anyone else done buying gear??

hans98ko
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · Anyone else done buying gear??

repeated below

Edited on Jan 29, 2023 at 12:45 PM · View previous versions

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:36 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · Anyone else done buying gear??

i am strongly suggesting that you cease this line of conversation that is unrelated to the subject matter. and i'm not so young.

no, i am an individual that is involved in this conversation that you are choosing to disrupt.

Edited on Jan 29, 2023 at 12:44 PM · View previous versions

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:40 PM
hans98ko
• • • •
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · Anyone else done buying gear??

sjms are you telling me what I should do young man? since when did FM Nikon Forum hire you as a site policeman?
Remembered recently you told another poster that his post will be taken down?

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:42 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · Anyone else done buying gear??

hans98ko wrote:
sjms are you telling me what I should do young man? since when did FM Nikon Forum hire you as a site policeman?
Remembered recently you told another poster that his post will be taken down?

no, i am an individual that is involved in this conversation that you are choosing to disrupt.

oh, the last post that i said would be taken down was one where the individual was out of bounds putting an item up for sale outside of the FOR SALE area. that being a pay to use area that supports this whole site.

Young man?! don't i wish.

Edited on Jan 29, 2023 at 01:01 PM · View previous versions

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:45 PM
RexGig0
• • •
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I have offered to buy a 500/5.6 PF, for my wife to use, but she has, thus far, declined. One of our 300mm AF-S f/4D lenses plays well enough with our TC-20E III, at least on our D4s, which suffices as a light-weight combo, in good light, for birds*. In low light, we want that f/4 capability, in our 500/4E FL. So, no 500/5.6 PF, unless she decides differently.

*The finicky D4s seems to need micro-adjusting, for most lenses, but really “likes” this one AF-S 300mm f/4D, with or without the TC-20E III.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:46 PM
hans98ko
• • • •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · Anyone else done buying gear??

sjms wrote:

oh, the last post that i said would be taken down was one where the individual was out of bounds putting an item up for sale outside of the FOR SALE area. that being a pay to use area that supports this whole site.

who is disrupting who? you or me? maybe you should read all over again and see who called who up first.
as for the other poster asking how he/she can post to sell, if it was a violation it is up to the admin to address and not you rudely telling him that his post will be taken down. didn't he actually posted it on b&s finally to prove his innocent?

Jan 29, 2023 at 01:02 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · Anyone else done buying gear??

RexGig0 wrote:
I have offered to buy a 500/5.6 PF, for my wife to use, but she has, thus far, declined. One of our 300mm AF-S f/4D lenses plays well enough with our TC-20E III, at least on our D4s, which suffices as a light-weight combo, in good light, for birds*. In low light, we want that f/4 capability, in our 500/4E FL. So, no 500/5.6 PF, unless she decides differently.

*The finicky D4s seems to need micro-adjusting, for most lenses, but really “likes” this one AF-S 300mm f/4D, with or without the TC-20E III.

Read both of your posts. Interesting. You are fortunate to have a wife who likes nature/birds.

"Count your blessings" is what I think.

Jan 29, 2023 at 01:03 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · Anyone else done buying gear??

hans98ko wrote:
who is disrupting who? you or me? maybe you should read all over again and see who called who up first.
as for the other poster asking how he/she can post to sell, if it was a violation it is up to the admin to address and not you rudely telling him that his post will be taken down. didn't he actually posted it on b&s finally to prove his innocent?

we should all help to keep this place clean, clear and operational. actually, he was informed of what and where the rules were. what the poster did after the fact was his responsibility. don't you read the rules of decorum before you start to do anything on a site like this?

i think we are done now. my apologies to the rest for this diversion.

now it's back to the original subject: Anyone else done buying gear??

Edited on Jan 29, 2023 at 02:58 PM · View previous versions

Jan 29, 2023 at 01:17 PM
RexGig0
• • •
p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · Anyone else done buying gear??

bs kite wrote:
Read both of your posts. Interesting. You are fortunate to have a wife who likes nature/birds.

"Count your blessings" is what I think.

Yes, thanks. I brought the bird/wildlife interest, and she brought the serious photography interest. She already liked photographing tame/habituated birds and animals at normal distances. Result: Bird/Wildlife photography.

I do wish that I could teach her to take better care of nice binoculars. She is careful with cameras and lenses, but treats the finest of binoculars as if they were disposable.

Jan 29, 2023 at 01:46 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Desmolicious wrote:
A couple o weeks ago I bought an N80 w 28-80D lens for $29.99. Fantastic film camera, with an excellent lens.
Yesterday I bought another N80 body only for $19.98 w free shipping.
As a spare...

With superb film gear this cheap, I find it hard to resist!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52628148500_f77dee7d25_z.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52629261398_9174a10ba6_z.jpgUntitled by desmolicious, on Flickr

Why I can’t resist $20 Nikons!

N80, 50 1.8G, C200

Jan 29, 2023 at 02:07 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Another one taken w my $20 N80. Even if you are not a film shooter, I'd recommend getting one just for that one time that you get the itch... $20...

Jan 29, 2023 at 03:42 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Maybe I missed it. Did you mention what film you used?

As for me, I don't care what it is (nothing personal)...... I don't ever want to go back to sending yellow envelopes to Kodak in Rochester or dropping off Velvia or Fujichrome and waiting for both to be developed. And then there is the risk of not nailing the exposure. Just having fun here... that's all.

I do like both your shots. And I think I know the point you are trying to make. You're right. Photography should be that easy.

Oh well, back to my hour after hour of post processing now.

Jan 29, 2023 at 06:50 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · Anyone else done buying gear??

The C200 in his post is Fuji C200 film, one of the best all arounder color stocks these days.

bs kite wrote:

As for me, I don't care what it is (nothing personal)...... I don't ever want to go back to sending yellow envelopes to Kodak in Rochester or dropping off Velvia or Fujichrome and waiting for both to be developed. And then there is the risk of not nailing the exposure. Just having fun here... that's all.

I do like both your shots. And I think I know the point you are trying to make. You're right. Photography should be that easy.

Oh well, back to my hour after hour
...Show more

Jan 29, 2023 at 07:38 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · Anyone else done buying gear??

bs kite wrote:

Oh well, back to my hour after hour
...Show more

As RoamingScott mentioned, both are Fuji C200. The cheapest colour film you can buy. And it happens to be one of my favorite, irrespective of price.

I understand moving on from film pics. My point is for $20 you could be ready to jump back in, even if it is only once in a blue moon. You never know if someone is going to ask for film pics, or if you have a friend/relative who wants to give it a go.

My nacho plate at my local dive just cost me $24. (to be fair it was a huge platter big enough for three, but still)

Jan 29, 2023 at 08:27 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.9 #15 · p.9 #15 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Here we go again. Another forum devolves into a pissing match.

Jan 29, 2023 at 08:28 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.9 #16 · p.9 #16 · Anyone else done buying gear??

runamuck wrote:

How so? BS Kite is done with film, and I get his point.

I don't think anyone is arguing here!

I'm done buying expensive gear. But I am still tempted by dirt cheap stuff.

Jan 29, 2023 at 08:33 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.9 #17 · p.9 #17 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Thanks Runamuck.... but we're ok

Just shooting the breeze.

Jan 29, 2023 at 09:01 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.9 #18 · p.9 #18 · Anyone else done buying gear??

If Nikon makes a full frame ZFc, I may get sucked back in. Just because the regular ZFc looks so good, especially in black.
But right now, I’m happy w my Z7 and good with my digital gear.

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:13 PM
henry albert
• • •
p.9 #19 · p.9 #19 · Anyone else done buying gear??

runamuck wrote:

Ever noticed the correlation between your presence and forum pissing matches?

Jan 30, 2023 at 10:31 AM
mjgphotoz
• • •
p.9 #20 · p.9 #20 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Come on y'all, let's keep it cool. Agreeing with someone's opinion/experience or appreciating someone else's point of view does not constitute blasphemy. Some of us have been blessed to travel through photography from the days of film to the days of the Z and can appreciate it in all of it's evolving states. Personally, I have even taken images of pictures made by indigenous peoples on cave walls or rocks. I do admit I was not there for the actual creation but still appreciate it even though I am just turning 29... again! And yes, I am still rooting for a ZF and have the new Z 40MM f/2 SE waiting for it, so yeah, I am done... until... well you know... I'm not.

Mary

Jan 30, 2023 at 01:42 PM
       10       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

10       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.