New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Anyone else done buying gear??

Desmolicious
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Anyone else done buying gear??

A couple o weeks ago I bought an N80 w 28-80D lens for $29.99. Fantastic film camera, with an excellent lens.
Yesterday I bought another N80 body only for $19.98 w free shipping.
As a spare...

With superb film gear this cheap, I find it hard to resist!

Untitled by desmolicious, on Flickr

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:47 PM
Sauseschritt
• • • •
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Anyone else done buying gear??

anitrone wrote:
I am happy with the gear I have it is enough for me to create the way I see. [...]

I dont have such an extensive collection of DSLRs but I cant help but notice your lens selection is actually pretty close to what I have.

Using a lens like the AF 180mm f2.8 I can see how one doesnt really want or need a successor, ever.

Jan 26, 2023 at 05:21 AM
RexGig0
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Anyone else done buying gear??

It is disheartening to read the reply posts regarding the decline in quality control, customer service, and support. I see similar, posted in forums that discuss other equipment-intensive interests and hobbies, so, this sad trend is not limited to the photographic equipment industry.

Jan 26, 2023 at 07:22 AM
pendennis

p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I'm at equilibrium right now. I own D810, D850, Z5, and Z7 cameras. I also have a variety of S and F mount lenses. My gear seems to cover just about everything I need.

About two years ago, I decided to stop chasing technology, in favor of using the hell out of my existing equipment, including tripods. I had pretty much stopped shooting film, since processing is getting more difficult to easily access. Last summer I sold all my film gear, including 35mm, medium format, and 4x5. I also sold off a dozen aluminum tripods, that had been purchased to satisfy the load of medium and large format cameras. My three CF tripods will handle any gear load I have.

Now that the load is lightened, I intend to use my IT training which taught me not to chase the latest and greatest in favor of keeping at least one grade behind, and I'd be able to use that gear to its more full potential.

Jan 26, 2023 at 09:51 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Done buying Nikon gear, anyway.

Jan 26, 2023 at 11:01 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password