Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              9       10       end

Archive 2022 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Lance B
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone else done buying gear??

trenchmonkey wrote:
I'm set. Content to live out my remaining years with the gears on hand.

Last count 16 lenses for 8 bodies. Told the Mrs at this point in my cough "hobby"

I'll be redirecting my disposable income in pursuit of exotic Scotch/Tequila and of
course microbrews. I'll continue to post, I'll just be a bit more focused than normal.

I wish I had your will power. Get it?

I love scotch but it doesn't love me, beer and wine for me now.

Like Bernardl, a 35 f1.2, 85 f1.2, but then also an 800 PF and the 200-600 and I promise I'll be done.....maybe.

Edited on Oct 14, 2022 at 05:40 PM · View previous versions

Oct 14, 2022 at 04:05 AM
bocajrs
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Done for now with Z6 24-70 f4 Z + FTZII to use my 2.8e FL and TC20eIII TC
May upgrade to Z 70-200 2.8 but holding out for now.

Bourbon+Beer

Oct 14, 2022 at 09:41 AM
genjy
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anyone else done buying gear??

The D700 is one of the most compelling Nikons ever. It seems so under-powered and under-featured, but it's still such a weirdly good camera.

Joseph. wrote:
Also, there's nothing wrong with D700 and 200 f/2. Hell I'd be happy with that too til the end of days!

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:41 AM
youie
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I'm kind of missing my 28mm f/1.4E that I sold last year, so if I can find a mint used copy, who know's

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:05 AM
gear-nut
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Done buying camera gear ? ? ?

https://media.giphy.com/media/SLdGEXE5XofwQ/giphy.gif

Edited on Oct 15, 2022 at 03:34 PM · View previous versions

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:30 AM
Chris Dees
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I’ve heard kit building is forever. 😊

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:41 AM
psharvic
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Hi Will. IMO expensive Tequila is overrated; expensive Scotch on the other hand is not. Oh, gear purchase: slowed to a crawl

Oct 14, 2022 at 12:18 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Anyone else done buying gear??

genjy wrote:
The D700 is one of the most compelling Nikons ever. It seems so under-powered and under-featured, but it's still such a weirdly good camera.

When the D3 was released, it was Nikon's first full frame and it was very expensive and unattainable. Then the D700 showed up. It instantly democratized full frame and a lot of us $7.50/hr people could finally afford full frame. A lot of of people loved it because it was essentially a D3 in a smaller, more affordable body. It is the golden boy for a long time, perhaps even to this day. It may not have all the bells and whistles but it was special because of the way it made people feel at the time.

Oct 14, 2022 at 01:16 PM
ksmmike
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I agree about the D700. I regretted selling that camera before it even arrived in it's new location. Many of my favorite images were taken with it. However, in the end, they are tools to use. I keep exchanging lenses till I find the few that I know I'll use and sell off the ones that I no longer use. However, since what I photographed has changed over the years, so have the camera bodies and lenses. Every time I think I'm done, Voigtlander comes out with a new lens for mirrorless.

Oct 14, 2022 at 02:57 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I have overcome my want of the z24-70 f4 and sticking with my 24-200. I am now selling off gear I have no use for. Anyone need a tc 1.4 EII?

Oct 14, 2022 at 04:18 PM
DJT2020

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I'm quite pleased with my D500 and D5600 with a good assortment of lenses. I think the only purchase I would consider is a Fuji X100V if one became available new for $1399...

Oct 14, 2022 at 05:23 PM
hans98ko
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Hahaha!
A really interesting topic and one that truly requires some deep thoughts.
With new photographic gears coming out every 6 to 9 months overtaking and replacing those that we already owns with little to no improvements on our photography, as well as seeing pictures taken by those using the newest and latest not even coming close to those with outdated photographic gears like the one here on shooting with manual glasses surly makes me laugh. Many with the latest cameras can't even focus without eye AF or use one with eye AF for manual focus.😯🤣
What makes it worse are those with the newest and latest always saying that they are so good that the moment the next new thing comes on the market they are randered completely useless.
Ever wonder how much one knows about the gears they already owns or how much more they can push out of it. I bet for those who keep changing gears will never do because they just didn't spend enough time with it before changing to something else.
Since the start of the pandemic I have decided to only spend on tools that will enhance my photography and not to duplicate or replicate what I already have and spend the cash saving on family and traveling.
Yap! I think I am happy with what I already have and am done with Gas!
Time to take more pictures of places I haven't been to instead of shooting people on the streets near home or dogs and cats at home. Well, already ate all of them after shooting them so have to go out to hunt for more.👹

Oct 14, 2022 at 08:12 PM
unchecked
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Lenses mostly yes. The two lenses I’ll still get is a fish eye and a tele prime.

Bodies mostly no. I use two bodies at a time and I usually go with a high resolution and normal resolution pair. As of now, it’s the Z6ii and Z9.

I will most definitely replace the Z6ii. If we get a stacked sensor R3/a9 wannabe then I will get it. If not, I will settle for the Z6iii.

I see the Z9 will last me for another 6~7 years. May get a Z7iv or Z7v to replace the Z9 eventually.

So yes I will be getting at least two new bodies in the foreseeable future.

Oct 14, 2022 at 09:35 PM
tomaswvtommy

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I’m very done. Gave my D810 to a nephew into Astro photography, gave my zooms to my daughter, sold my astounding 24 1.4 (too big). I spent time during covid reviewing all my digital files and having about 1000 slides and negs scanned. I realized the stuff I liked the most, things I had fun with, had little to do with sensor sizes and fast aperture’s. So I chucked it all and got what I wanted and what I had enjoyed the most from the past: A D3s with what I call the three baby dragonets: all AFD—the 28 2.8, 35 2.0, and the 50 1.4. It took a while to get excellent copies in mint condition but I have done so, and on the cheap. I thought of returning to film—in my case the Leica R system and Mamiya TLRs, and maybe I will one day. But for now I’m just enjoying that D3s and the film and body simulations provided by DXO photo lab.

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:38 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I told my wife I was done 6 months, four lenses and $12,000 gear ago…. 🤣.

Yesterday, me looking at Nikon’s refurb site… my wife “let me guess, this is the ‘last’ lens you’ll buy” (rolls eyes).

Oct 15, 2022 at 10:53 AM
RickPJ
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Anyone else done buying gear??

How can I stop buying equipment when Nikon stops servicing it around the time you need them to?

At another one of those decision points right now. At least one more major kit change in the offing...

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:43 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I’m ‘definitely’ done….

Edited on Oct 15, 2022 at 07:59 PM · View previous versions

Oct 15, 2022 at 12:02 PM
PeaktoPeek
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Anyone else done buying gear??

I think I'll be good until I commit fully to FF mirrorless. I am currently sitting with 2 systems that realistically should serve all my immediate needs. Although...

Oct 15, 2022 at 02:57 PM
genjy
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Not anywhere close. Right now looking to get an extra Sony FF body so I can avoid swapping lenses. Likely a simple A7IV if the upcoming A7RV is out of my price range.

Edited on Oct 15, 2022 at 03:43 PM · View previous versions

Oct 15, 2022 at 03:43 PM
sum1sgrampa
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Anyone else done buying gear??

Not if the prices of 600 f4 VR's keeps dropping

Oct 15, 2022 at 03:43 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.