Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              16      
       end

Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lan...

jeffersoncasey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.17 #1 · p.17 #1 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

OK, saving up for the new FLE 😬

Fred Miranda wrote:
My observations are based on this thread's samples so far. I have not yet tested the lens on the M body.
I did compare the CV 35/1.5 to the Leica 35/1.4 FLE briefly on the Sony. The Leica is sharper wide open (away from center) and the Voigtlander has smoother rendering + narrower field of view.

Here is a sample:

Nov 30, 2022 at 12:09 AM
rramesh

p.17 #2 · p.17 #2 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

weezintrumpete wrote:
A few more from today on my M8.

PS how good is the color out of the M8? I'm blown away. Was taking these photos to have samples from the camera when I went to sell it, but these are making me think twice...

Yes, while it’s a crop sensor, the output is wonderful. Colors are good and the bokeh is nice.

Nov 30, 2022 at 02:06 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.17 #3 · p.17 #3 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

weezintrumpete wrote:
A few more from today on my M8.

https://i.imgur.com/YTPOCgn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fpt6Vl7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cr3NwPq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/p4RtPPc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xk0UiZk.jpg

PS how good is the color out of the M8? I'm blown away. Was taking these photos to have samples from the camera when I went to sell it, but these are making me think twice...

Excellent colours! Couldn't help but notice you live in the Sunset district. Lucky! Love SF, even though areas in it are going through tough times.

Nov 30, 2022 at 11:59 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.17 #4 · p.17 #4 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

Desmolicious wrote:
Excellent colours! Couldn't help but notice you live in the Sunset district. Lucky! Love SF, even though areas in it are going through tough times.

Thanks! And yeah, Sunset district. I love it here (and in SF in general), but agree there are some problems

Nov 30, 2022 at 12:34 PM
raizans

p.17 #5 · p.17 #5 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

Could anyone testing bokeh include some comparisons at f/1.5 and f/2.8? With fast 28-50mm lenses, it seems almost everything has bright ring bokeh at max aperture, and stopping down two stops smoothes everything out, assuming the aperture blades are rounded. The only real exceptions I've seen are the 35mm f/1.4 Distagon ZM and 50mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH.

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Paul.S

p.17 #6 · p.17 #6 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

Just got an email from the Australian distributor, late December early Jan before we see it....That sucks

Dec 01, 2022 at 01:24 AM
pmeheut
• • •
p.17 #7 · p.17 #7 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

My local reseller in Paris had several, type II black & silver as well as type I.
Because I had no news from the german reseller I ordered (see above), I bought one.

And of course, I just got the email about the other one being shipped.
I can return it of course but if someone preferably in the European Union wants a 35/1.5 Type I brand new, never opened in the next few days, he can contact me.

Dec 01, 2022 at 08:09 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.17 #8 · p.17 #8 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

I found one and should receive it before my vacation over Christmas. Will try and take some useful shots with it. Can also compare to the ZM distagon.

Dec 02, 2022 at 04:02 AM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.17 #9 · p.17 #9 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

thrice wrote:
I found one and should receive it before my vacation over Christmas. Will try and take some useful shots with it. Can also compare to the ZM distagon.

I’d really like to see this—a rendering comp at mid distance WO and at f2.

Dec 02, 2022 at 02:59 PM
Henning
• •
p.17 #10 · p.17 #10 · Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 35/1.5 VM I & II and Nikon Z Apo-Lanthar 65/2

thrice wrote:

I would also really like to see this comparison. I love the overall performance of the ZM Distagon, but don't use it as often as some other 35's because of its size. Unfortunately, as in most areas, everything includes compromises but some lenses, such as the 50 Lux ASPH, seem to have fewer compromises in areas that are important to me. If the CV 35/1.5 has rendering that I like, it might be 'the one' 35mm lens.

Dec 03, 2022 at 02:07 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password