FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2022 · Nikon F Used

RoamingScott
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Nikon F Used

henry albert wrote:
Oh, Gawd, yes. I've owned two Les Paul Standards in my life and both came out of the factory as junk. Misaligned necks, cold solder joints, frets that resembled the Alps. Still have a couple of LPs that are excellent, but once I discovered Korean guitars my love for Gibson waned.

You might be the first person to defeat G.A.S.!

(gibson acquisition syndrome)

Oct 05, 2022 at 12:25 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Nikon F Used

genjy wrote:
Can you tell me what other races build inferior products so I can avoid them (the products)?

I am Austrian/Iraqi. I am pretty sure there are very few of us out there and so I can definitely say don’t buy a lens made by Austrian/Iraqi people. Cuz that would mean it would be made by me and my brother and we have no idea what we are doing.

Oct 05, 2022 at 01:52 PM
rand17
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Nikon F Used

RoamingScott wrote:
Glancing at my Z lenses...

100-400 made in Japan, easily the highest quality of my 4, with a price to match
24-120 and 14-30/4 made in Thailand, both solid quality for their pricepoints and both fantastic optically
35/1.8 made in China, easily the cheapest feeling, and with the noisiest AF motors

Even then, only one of my 4 lenses is made in China, and the one that is would normally be a kit-quality in any brand. Your posts seems more xenophobic than data based.

Even my Japanese lens had to be traded out for a new copy because of copy variation when I bought it.
...Show more

xenophobic HAHAHAHAHA... funniest thing I have heard in a month!!! Oh Brother!

Oct 05, 2022 at 08:28 PM
rand17
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Nikon F Used

lukemeup wrote:
500 PF and 105 1.4E are made in China too (with zero issues). But don't worry - 'rand17' will pop online in a 5-6 months again to spew some xenophobic garbage.

PS. Iphones are made in India with more production shifting there recently.

xenophobic....seems to be a goto word the left uses most the time when they can't seem to face reality... just saying..

Oct 05, 2022 at 09:04 PM
shujert
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Nikon F Used

rand17 wrote:
xenophobic....seems to be a goto word the left uses most the time when they can't seem to face reality... just saying..

Ahhh, there it is.

Oct 05, 2022 at 09:12 PM
rand17
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Nikon F Used

shujert wrote:
Ahhh, there it is.

Yep! I simply said the build quality coming out of China is sub-pair and filled with plastic! then a fearful few turn it into a prejudice thing! really don't understand how that type of mind thinks....

Oct 05, 2022 at 09:46 PM
jwolfe
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Nikon F Used

Your comments are ignorant and frankly don’t have any place here. Many many high-quality products are produced in China. And TBH most pro lenses nowadays have a lot of plastic to save weight. Z lenses are generally considered to be among the best lenses in mirrorless.

rand17 wrote:
Yep! I simply said the build quality coming out of China is sub-pair and filled with plastic! then a fearful few turn it into a prejudice thing! really don't understand how that type of mind thinks....

Oct 05, 2022 at 10:33 PM
zoetmb2

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Nikon F Used

It should be no surprise that as people move to Z land, a lot of F-mount lenses are going to hit the market and the more that hit the market, the lower the prices are going to be. I'm sure the same thing happened in the early 60's as people moved from rangefinders to DSLR's, the only difference now is that AF-S lenses can be used on the mirrorless bodies. It probably also happened to some extent with AF lenses when Nikon started producing AF-S lenses.

There's a double-whammy today because it's not just about mirrorless - it's also about people who formerly shot DSLR but now just use their smartphones.

The thing that interests me is as Nikon discontinues lenses, whether certain key (used) lenses will increase in price because they're less readily available or decrease in price anyway. Although the only current high-end FX lens discontinued in Japan so far is the 200 2.0 G.

There are many reasons today not to manufacture in China, but quality is not one of them. 14 of the Z-mount lenses are actually made in Thailand and 4 are manufactured in Japan, not that it matters.

Oct 05, 2022 at 11:40 PM
rand17
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Nikon F Used

jwolfe wrote:
Your comments are ignorant and frankly don’t have any place here. Many many high-quality products are produced in China. And TBH most pro lenses nowadays have a lot of plastic to save weight. Z lenses are generally considered to be among the best lenses in mirrorless.

Your comments are very ignorant and attacking!!! You have no place here if you’re directly attacking people!

For all you haters try having a discussion without attacking and degrading! Or is that not possible with your current mindset!

Oct 06, 2022 at 08:04 AM
Sauseschritt
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Nikon F Used

Honestly ? Meh.

1. I already have all Nikkor lenses I wanted.

2. I wont spent a dime on photography right now. Will be thankful if I can keep my job in the coming crisis.

Oct 06, 2022 at 08:12 AM
jbear
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Nikon F Used

rand17 wrote:
Your comments are very ignorant and attacking!!! You have no place here if you’re directly attacking people!

For all you haters try having a discussion without attacking and degrading! Or is that not possible with your current mindset!

Sorta like someone who labels people as "the left" and accuses them of not being able to "face reality." That doesn't sound like a "hater" at all. So...your ad hominem argument? Should I now accuse all of the "right" of that typical bush league tactic just because you did it? I think I won't do that. F-in Internet...sure brings out the class in people.

Oct 06, 2022 at 08:52 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Nikon F Used

Well the build out of China has zero to do with China, it’s the specs that Japanese engineers at Nikon came up with and gave to their factories to build. So at a minimum it’s ignorant.

On the other hand China has been deliberately copying/stealing what tech they can for decades so there are downsides to made in China.

rand17 wrote:

Oct 06, 2022 at 08:00 PM
pingflood
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Nikon F Used

jbear wrote:
I've got some Ibanez and Eastman semi-hollowbody and hollowbody guitars made in China that destroy some of my Gibsons. We make crap too...don't kid yourself.

Gibson lost their way long ago IMO. Trying to turn it into a "lifestyle" brand ala Leica but forgot that you still need to make good products. If you want a US made high quality electric I'd recommend looking at PRS instead. (I have a Custom 22 10-top which is a fabulous axe.)

For LP I am very happy with my Epiphone 1959 which cost a lot less than a similar Gibson but is a really nice damn guitar.

Oct 07, 2022 at 02:57 AM
Ripolini
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Nikon F Used

jwolfe wrote:
Your comments are ignorant and frankly don’t have any place here.

rand17 wrote:

I don't think that @rand17 comments were xenophobic and consequently worth attacking him.
His opinions can be wrong, like opinions of all of us. Anyway, I do not understand what's wrong in saying that some Made in China lenses are made of plastics (like most of today lenses, unfortunately, including some Made in Japan gear).
My AF-S 300/4 PF lens is Made in China and looks less sturdy than my previous (Made in Japan) AF-S 300/4D. The PF must be a lightweight lens though, so it would have the same built quality if it were manufactured in Japan.
After five years, it works like the first day with no AF squeaking (differently for the previous MiJ version I owned)
I do not use my 300 PF that often (it's not a walkabout lens, although I love using it for street & people: several pictures of this gallery of mine were taken with 300PF; click on "Presentazione"), and I do not activate AF-S every month, as someone suggested
Take pictures and be happy

Oct 07, 2022 at 05:01 AM
Richard-BB
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Nikon F Used

Complaining acceptable if justifiable to make a point. We can't all be afraid of the truth. 1984 Ignorance is Strength?

Oct 07, 2022 at 06:32 AM
rand17
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Nikon F Used

Ripolini wrote:
I don't think that @rand17@ comments were xenophobic and consequently worth attacking him.
His opinions can be wrong, like opinions of all of us. Anyway, I do not understand what's wrong in saying that some Made in China lenses are made of plastics (like most of today lenses, unfortunately, including some Made in Japan gear).
My AF-S 300/4 PF lens is Made in China and looks less sturdy than my previous (Made in Japan) AF-S 300/4D. The PF must be a lightweight lens though, so it would have the same built quality if it were manufactured in Japan.
After five years, it
...Show more

Your gallery looks outstanding! Great job!!

Oct 07, 2022 at 09:53 AM
Ripolini
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Nikon F Used

Thank you so much @rand17, much appreciated

Oct 07, 2022 at 02:38 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Nikon F Used

I had my Nikon 500pf refunded by Nikon directly, as they couldn’t isolate the issue my copy had and were unable to repair, and I had to go thru two copies of the 105mm 1.4E at launch because of excessive dust under the front element, but 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Oct 07, 2022 at 04:10 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Nikon F Used

AdaptedLenses wrote:
Is it just me or has the market for used F glass collapsed fairly quickly over the past couple months? Seems like stuff is sitting at great prices.

Can you find me a really cheap 500/4E FL?

EBH

Oct 07, 2022 at 04:39 PM
jbear
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Nikon F Used

Yes...Sigma 500mm f4 OS Sport...same performance...6k less.

Oct 07, 2022 at 04:59 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.