New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Fall foliage season in/around Smoky Mountains

dipan0000

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fall foliage season in/around Smoky Mountains

Hi,
We are about to book our flight tickets and confused on dates, which would be more appropriate to catch some good fall colors around Great Smokey Mountain NP and that area.
My initial plan is/was 22 October to 28 October. Some posts suggest this a good time and other say it may be little late.
Depend on how it is turning now, should I keep same dates or make it starting on 17th ?
Advice please.
Thanks

Sep 27, 2022 at 07:06 PM
JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fall foliage season in/around Smoky Mountains

I'm no expert, but that time is as good as any. You should probably anticipate that color may be gone at higher elevations, but not lower. In my experience (and know that I haven't been up there for fall in about 5 years) fall has always been on the later side. I have even found good color in the 1st week of November. But last week of October has worked well for me in most years, especially on the Tennessee side. NC side can be more variable. I tend to go for the lower elevation stream and waterfall type images so those dates work for me. Up on the ridge might be a different story. Weather is also a factor, storms like Ian could blow off all the leaves. Wish I could be more definitive, but its essentially a hope for the best situation. You can probably find something to shoot no matter what the conditions are.

Sep 30, 2022 at 05:41 AM
dipan0000

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fall foliage season in/around Smoky Mountains

Thanks for your response.
For now I am keeping my dates from 22 October till month end and hope I will see some good colors.

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:34 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.