New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Floral

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Floral

Fall is here and unfortunately flowers won't be around much longer, at least outdoors.

Steve

SteveSchulmanPhotography 2022

Floral

Sep 27, 2022 at 02:18 PM
grandmas
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Floral

Nice photo! I found the upper left corner pulled my eyes. I made a selection with feathered edge and used a large fluffy brush and airbrushed lightly.

Edited on Dec 06, 2022 at 01:49 AM · View previous versions

Sep 27, 2022 at 07:46 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Floral

grandmas wrote:
Nice photo! I found the upper left corner pulled my eyes. I made a selection with feathered edge and used a large fluffy brush and airbrushed lightly.

Very nice tweak Grandmas. Thank you.

Steve

Sep 27, 2022 at 07:48 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Floral

Channeling Jim a bit?

The upper left corner has a strong draw to it. A subtle nuance is the opposing corner with complementary color. I might consider reducing the saturation of the ULC to mimic the LRC, so the subject has more of a pastel BG frame that doesn't pull / tug / compete ... yet, retains its own (complementary color) character.

Due to the light / time of day / exposure ... we see a gradient in color shift among the subject.
Having the corners represent the range of ambient light color (cool / warm) gives indication to how the gradient comes to be, as a bonus ... for a nice "study" element, too.

Sep 28, 2022 at 07:56 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Floral

RustyBug wrote:
Channeling Jim a bit?

The upper left corner has a strong draw to it. A subtle nuance is the opposing corner with complementary color. I might consider reducing the saturation of the ULC to mimic the LRC, so the subject has more of a pastel BG frame that doesn't pull / tug / compete ... yet, retains its own (complementary color) character.

Due to the light / time of day / exposure ... we see a gradient in color shift among the subject.
Having the corners represent the range of ambient light color (cool / warm) gives indication to how the gradient
...Show more

Most appreciate your analysis Kent. Re: florals, love seeing Jim’s work, way above my pay grade.
Steve

Sep 28, 2022 at 08:34 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Floral

Nice capture, Steve. Just wish I could smell this (assuming it be fragrant that is).

Sep 29, 2022 at 07:00 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Floral

lylejk wrote:
Nice capture, Steve. Just wish I could smell this (assuming it be fragrant that is).

Thanks Lyle. I’m not sure what flower this is, maybe dahlias? This was taken at the NY Botanical Garden. Maybe Jim knows.
Steve

Sep 29, 2022 at 07:52 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.