Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · 10 days in Southeastern region. What can I see and visit?

abhisheks77
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 10 days in Southeastern region. What can I see and visit?

Hello folks,

I will be visiting Great Smoky Mountains area in third week of October. Hope I could catch some good colors at that time. I will have 10 days and thinking of options to split my days in different areas and some on road. This will be my first time in this area and first time I will be seeing some 'proper' fall colors. I can fly into Atlanta and then move around. I tried googling places and Nashville looks out of options. Apart from GSMNP places, I read lot of people recommend Boone, looks nice. For my other days, I am looking for options, what and what else I do and see. It could be long road trip and I am fine to change my stay frequently.
Other places I see in map are Charleston and Savannah. I am not massive on history and culture. I will be mostly focusing on great scenery and landscapes. Will it be out of league?
Blue Ridge Parkway - many stops look nice, but monotonous after a while?

Or should I spend my all days in same area of GSMNP?
Or instead, I should see options towards Shenandoah NP?

Please advice, how can I plan and if I am missing something which I could cover in my 10 days. I past my most favorite ones are Alaska, Hawaii, Banff-Jasper, Swiss Alps, etc., I have been spoiled with these kind of photography :-)

Thanks

Sep 26, 2022 at 07:46 PM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 10 days in Southeastern region. What can I see and visit?

With the potential for Hurricane Ian to be in that area before too long, it might be worth considering alternatives. Although the storm should be long past, it's kind of hard to predict impact in any given area.

Sep 27, 2022 at 02:40 AM
abhisheks77
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 10 days in Southeastern region. What can I see and visit?

Hope it settles down soon. I am a month away from travel. Thanks for the tip, will keep an eye on it.

Sep 27, 2022 at 10:07 AM
jli.jon
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 10 days in Southeastern region. What can I see and visit?

Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Smokies are probably where you want to be based on how you describe your interests. West Virginia that time of year is also lovely. With 10 days, pick perhaps 2 of them and base yourself in each place for 3-4 nights? From Atlanta, I've done Smokys and the southern half of BRP in about 8 days.

Do a google search of stops along each of these scenic drives to figure out what you want to see. Consult the NPS websites too. There are plenty of guides out there.

Sep 27, 2022 at 10:35 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.