Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

Anyone?

Sep 22, 2022 at 05:53 PM
dj63401
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

This is what was on the email back to me when Canon started a repair for me middle August. https://www.usa.canon.com/support/service-and-repair

You need the repair ID number to enter on that page. I did not find much info on that page as my camera was being worked on.
Have they received your gear and given you a ID number yet?

Sep 22, 2022 at 07:10 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

dj63401 wrote:
This is what was on the email back to me when Canon started a repair for me middle August. https://www.usa.canon.com/support/service-and-repair

You need the repair ID number to enter on that page. I did not find much info on that page as my camera was being worked on.
Have they received your gear and given you a ID number yet?

I submitted online and got a repair number immediately. I entered that number & my zip code, was able to see current status. They are working on it. Thank you for the link!

Sep 22, 2022 at 07:32 PM
Sy Sez
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Canon+USA+factory+Service&oq=Canon+USA+factory+Service&aqs=edge..69i57j0i22i30j0i390l3.21614j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Sep 23, 2022 at 08:50 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

When they send the camera back will the sheet accompanying it have what they did? When I check the status at Canon, it just says repaired and shipped back.

Sep 29, 2022 at 06:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dj63401
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

My first repair did . The second time it was not clear and it took 3 emails asking what exactly they did to get an answer.

Sep 29, 2022 at 06:32 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

dj63401 wrote:
My first repair did . The second time it was not clear and it took 3 emails asking what exactly they did to get an answer.

I had sent my R5 in for repair of Err 70, it always happened out of the blue. I would be shooting usually in a burst and then nothing. Had to pull the battery or turn off and back on to clear the problem. Very annoying! So sent in for warranty work and want to know what they did.

I had found other posts where owners had same problem and ended up sending it back several times where they changed a board…owner sounded very frustrated by the whole thing.

Sep 29, 2022 at 06:37 PM
johnvanr
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

Had the same question about a recent Olympus repair. After they sent me back the camera, I found all their updates in my junk mail...

Sep 29, 2022 at 06:51 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

johnvanr wrote:
Had the same question about a recent Olympus repair. After they sent me back the camera, I found all their updates in my junk mail...

I checked my junk mail just now, nothing there. 😎

Sep 29, 2022 at 06:56 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anyone have current web address to check Canon repair?

Canon is often very cryptic about what they did. Typically they will replace or adjust something. It can be frustrating for the technically inclined that want details. I suspect they have a drop down menu.

EBH

Sep 29, 2022 at 07:14 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password