Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Sold: ($350) Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Origi...

styvone
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: ($350) Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Original Case - Film Tested

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Original Case - Film Tested

Sold

Price: $350.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: USPS Insured

Up for sale today is a Contax IIa kit in great condition. It is the black-dial version and has been film-tested to be in full-working order: all shutter speeds are accurate and rangefinder is properly aligned. The lens needs no introduction - it is the Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 Sonnar lens in great condition with no haze or fungus (just some dust and light micro-scratches that do not impact photos). The previous owner told me that the camera was last CLA'd in 2021 by Campus Camera & Imaging in Kent, OH. Judging by the camera's condition, I have no reason to doubt him.

There are some things to note: There is a crack in some optical component of the viewfinder (please see images). It was like this when I first bought this camera kit, and it does not impact the use of the camera (please see photo of the view through the viewfinder). It is only visible when you are looking at the camera - not when you are using it! Because of this imperfection, I am selling this kit at a lower price than market value.

Comes with a brass lens cap and original case.

Price includes shipping and insurance in the CONUS via non-fee form of payment due to PayPal's new tax rules. I hope that my reputation on this forum (see my previous sales) adds to my credibility.

Crack in optical element of viewfinder

When using the viewfinder, you can't really even see the crack. Works properly!

Edited on Nov 15, 2022 at 12:08 PM · View previous versions

Sep 21, 2022 at 10:03 AM
styvone
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: ($350) Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Original Case - Film Tested

Open to offers!

Nov 09, 2022 at 03:36 PM
ctmfoobar

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: ($350) Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Original Case - Film Tested

Would you consider selling the body on its own?

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:20 AM
styvone
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: ($350) Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Original Case - Film Tested

ctmfoobar wrote:
Would you consider selling the body on its own?

Shoot me an offer!

Nov 14, 2022 at 05:10 PM
ctmfoobar

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: ($350) Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Original Case - Film Tested

It turns out I can't send a PM (long timer lurker with not enough posts ). Can you send me a PM?

Nov 14, 2022 at 05:21 PM
styvone
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: ($350) Contax IIA Black Dial with Carl Zeiss Jena 50/1.5 and Original Case - Film Tested

Price dropped to $350! Includes shipping in CONUS

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:08 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.